ARC issue - sound flips on and off (47LM620T-ZE and Pioneer VSX-321-k-p amp)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by ericthelobster, Mar 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ericthelobster

ericthelobster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There seem to be loads of unanswered ARC queries here, so I'm not holding my breath; but here goes:

I am trying to get ARC working properly on my recently acquired kit - a Pioneer VSX-321-k-p AV receiver amp and an LG 47LM620T-ZE TV. I want to be able to send sound from the TV (broadcast or internet-content, eg Netflix) down the HDMI cable to the sound system.

Both devices support ARC. Sometimes it works OK, however it's very unreliable and often what happens is that the sound works fine for about 10 secs, then goes off for another ~10 secs; then the process is repeated another 4 or 5 times after which the TV appears just to give up, and it switches on its own internal speaker and plays the sound through that instead (ugh).

Any ideas what might cause this? It's clearly not a loose connection or anything like that as it's so regular. I did wonder about the HDMI cable specs; the one I'm using is this Cablesson High Speed one, which should be OK?

Any advice much appreciated.

2. raghavan

raghavan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have exactly the same issue and have no progress
    the manual says check the audio parameters, and keep in amp/ thru but i dont even find amp/thru in paraameters
    i have an lg lm6700 55 and pioneer 321 amp.
    exact same problem the sound goes off for 10 sec the 2 sec it comes back and the whole thing repeats.

please let me know if you find a solution

3. ericthelobster

ericthelobster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Actually, yes I did: I asked the same query in another forum which was more helpful! See the whole other thread here