1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aquos LC37GD1E on DVI at 50 HZ

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by dubmaster, Oct 15, 2004.

Tags:
  1. dubmaster

dubmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday i bought that model, titanium series in UK i think, i have to confirm the DVI input is NOT limited to VESA resolution, i was able to map 1368 x 768 with two pixel overscan. The strange thing is that over DVI i have phase and sync problems, that makes me think that the connection is analog, but the menu on the sharp clearly staes PC Digital.
    This was the first hours on the set, more tweaks on powerstrip today.

bye
    dubmaster

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    It is interesting that you are able to run at 1368 as well as the 1366x768 which is documented to work at 60Hz not 50Hz - maybe this is the reason for the phase and synch problems. Have you tried at 60Hz to see if this gets rid of the phase and synch problems?

Interesting that you think that the signal may be analogue rather than digital. On my Loewe Xelos which has user control of the VGA geometry (phase, position, input pixels/lines etc), phase adjustment is omitted on the digital input and is only available for adjustment when feeding an analogue signal.

-Ian

3. dubmaster

dubmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Further experiments: on 50 Hz or 75 Hz the phase and sync adjustments are not stable, the set loses the settings after few minutes, smoothness is the same, so i think that the frame buffer always converts to 60Hz internally.
    The quality at 1360 with 8 pixel underscan is quite good, only the finest moire pattern in NokiaTest show a moderate noise, i still don't understand why a DVI signal has sync and phase capabilities. Maybe the sync & phase are introduced by the internal scaler of the AVC, maybe it's the connection between the AVC and the display that is analog.
    If someone from Sharp europe had answered my emails we 'd know.

bye
    dubmaster