1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aquos infra red issues

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jimbob19, Dec 23, 2004.

1. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I know some people have had issues with the aquos series and NTL cable boxes . I have a Tivo linked to mine and because of the issues 50% off the time it wont change channel . Has anyone found a fix for the "remote interference" with the aquos models ?
    :lease:

2. Ultim8Fury

Ultim8Fury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what seems to work on mine is to crank up the backlight to max and then put it back to where it was. This seems to fix it for a few days.

Glad I'm not the only one to have this problem. I had NTL out to change the box a week ago. Made no difference. Although I now have a shiny new samsung box.

3. Hyp3rion

Hyp3rion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What are the symptoms of the problem here as i have NTL and a 37GA4E but cant say i have any problems

4. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    When changing channels (using chan number ) I only get the last didigt , so therefore no channel change . If I cover the receivers on the Aquos and do it , they change fine

5. Ultim8Fury

Ultim8Fury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mine just more or less gave up accepting IR from any of my remotes. intermittantly it was ok.

I went round and put insulating tape on every IR receiver on the off chance they were transmitting. Turned off the lights in the lounge and closed all curtains and still it did it. Turned off the display and it was fine.

Had a play with the backlight and that seems to be the cause. Its the backlight in the bottom right corner that I'm fairly sure is the culprit.

So when you cover up the IR sensor on your TV it may be that you're also blocking the backlight interference.

Try going round and taping up the ir ports to test it.