Aquariavision

Have the fish aged any since the last time it was on :confused:

I recorded this last night and at a quick glance it looks really disappointing - more like upscaled SD and not a patch on some of the Nat Geo HD stuff.

Is it just my eyes?

do you have a hangover? :D

He must do ..... I've only watched the first minute or so and it's superb.

One thing that wasn't advertised is that it is in DD 5.1, although I personally would have preferred just the ocean sounds rather than the music.

This is the reference programme to show visitors when you are trying to impress them with your HD set-up.It never fails .

I recorded this last night and at a quick glance it looks really disappointing - more like upscaled SD and not a patch on some of the Nat Geo HD stuff.

Is it just my eyes?

Maybe a visit to Specsavers might help:D, even the wife said it was stunning

They should do one night with just the ocean, and the next night with the ocean and music. I personally perfer the ocean only - the music is annoying!

It is the same one repeated everynight. I recorded last nights and watched this morning, its the same one as Sat night! Still it's stunning. Music is annoying but you can turn the volume down.:thumbsup:

It is better than the stuff on Discovery without fail.

Its great to show others who know me who say that HD is not that good. It is THAT good, you just need some good material to show them.

Livingforever - you sure you don't have jam or vaseline smeared down your TV? :eek:

I don't know how this side of it works, but is there anyway that Sky could be improving the standard of this program but improving the bit rate or anything. Its on at 2am and other channels have shut down at that point. Its just better than anything I have seen broadcast so far in my view.
Also why oh why do they not show this in shops or at a more earlier time, it would be great for those thinking about Hd to go and see this in the shops. Could help sales for Sky and maybe bring the cost down for them in the long run.

Looks like I'm completely outvoted on this one, but I probably was a bit bleary eyed when I looked at it... I just didn't see the same definition I've been so impressed with from a couple of Nat Geo sea programmes and a few movies.

Will look again!

There is just one programme which is repeated (the fish get paid repeat fees). If you record it as a demo it is huge, I set a manual record for 15 mins and that kept it down to 5%.

There is just one programme which is repeated (the fish get paid repeat fees). If you record it as a demo it is huge, I set a manual record for 15 mins and that kept it down to 5%.

it only takes 5% of my HDD but it looks fantastic

I still have the first airing of this from August 2006 on my box. At the time i thought the picture quality was excellent. Having looked at it recently, its nowhere near as good as other programmes on BBCHD and NGCHD/DCHD.

I think my TV deals with bright colours very well, which is why Im very happy with this. Some of the darker programmes on bbc hd are not that good on my TV.

They should do one night with just the ocean, and the next night with the ocean and music. I personally perfer the ocean only - the music is annoying!

Too true. I wanted to watch that without music.

I know it's a bit sad, but i'm mad about marine life and the ocean. I have got a 5.1 ocean waves CD. I turned the lights down, stuck the CD in the system and watched. Absolutely brilliant.

I enjoyed Deep Blue on BBC HD as well. I'm just disappointed that they have never shown Blue Planet in HD.

Too true. I wanted to watch that without music.

I know it's a bit sad, but i'm mad about marine life and the ocean. I have got a 5.1 ocean waves CD. I turned the lights down, stuck the CD in the system and watched. Absolutely brilliant.

I enjoyed Deep Blue on BBC HD as well. I'm just disappointed that they have never shown Blue Planet in HD.
watch planet earth tonight shallow seas,i watched it the other night in sd on our v+ great pq even in sd so i will be recording it tonight on sky same sort of style as this aquavarium i think its actually filmed in the same place.our v+ box has all the blue planets in hd so it must of been showed at some time on bbc hd.

I always mean to record this but I always forget.
When/where is it on ??:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom