Aquaman And The Lost Kingdom

It pains me because she's so gorgeous. But I agree.

#justiceforjohnnydepp

‘I don’t think Amber Heard is innocent in all of this but why should she be removed at this stage, innocent until proven guilty. I read that Mr Depp is almost bankrupt which may be why this is going through a civil and not criminal pathway. Based on what I read this looks like a case of them both being bad for each other, he has a drink and drunk problem (allegedly) and she is from Texas..

Fortunately for Amber, I am available and will guarantee to take her to Ikea that she can get a feel for the pots and pans 😳😂

‘I don’t think Amber Heard is innocent in all of this but why should she be removed at this stage, innocent until proven guilty. I read that Mr Depp is almost bankrupt which may be why this is going through a civil and not criminal pathway. Based on what I read this looks like a case of them both being bad for each other, he has a drink and drunk problem (allegedly) and she is from Texas..

Fortunately for Amber, I am available and will guarantee to take her to Ikea that she can get a feel for the pots and pans 😳😂

A recorded admission, plus all the evidence of Depp's various injuries, seems pretty conclusive to me. I'd listen to the recording, it's freely available to hear. There is nothing ambiguous about her behaviour nor is there any question of them 'both' being to blame. He is the victim here.

If Kevin Spacey can be cancelled, then not doing the same to a violent abuser is an unacceptable double standard.

Shame though, as I totally fancy her.

A recorded admission, plus all the evidence of Depp's various injuries, seems pretty conclusive to me. I'd listen to the recording, it's freely available to hear. There is nothing ambiguous about her behaviour nor is there any question of them 'both' being to blame. He is the victim here.

If Kevin Spacey can be cancelled, then not doing the same to a violent abuser is an unacceptable double standard.

Shame though, as I totally fancy her.

I get what your saying and I think a lot more of this will come out in due course. I just feel that people should only be removed when they have been convicted or found guilty of an offence as it creates a dangerous precedent otherwise.

Given what we know goes on in Hollywood (surface only scratched) would it be above moral standards for agents/pr and their underlings to make/release stories to get people removed so they can get their client installed or to affect ratings, is it such a far fetched scenario?

‘I’m not saying that’s the case here but I just find it strange it’s not going through the criminal law system.

I've listened to the recording and at the end he says they were both complicit - I don't think either of them come out well from it, TBH.

I've listened to the recording and at the end he says they were both complicit - I don't think either of them come out well from it, TBH.

‘I read the transcript of it and that’s what led me to believe there is more to come, not all is revealed and it’s almost like they tried to goade the other into saying something knowing that this would be unfortunately leaked...

Anyway back on topic, hopefully this won’t affect the Seaquel (shamelessly stolen) as Amber Heard was a big part of why it was successful. Jason and her play off one another very well, excellent chemistry between the characters.

‘I read the transcript of it and that’s what led me to believe there is more to come, not all is revealed and it’s almost like they tried to goade the other into saying something knowing that this would be unfortunately leaked...

Anyway back on topic, hopefully this won’t affect the Seaquel (shamelessly stolen) as Amber Heard was a big part of why it was successful. Jason and her play off one another very well, excellent chemistry between the characters.

Depp was dropped from the Pirates franchise over (it seems) spurious allegations (even if it was unofficial). It would be grossly inappropriate to allow Heard to continue when the allegations against her look to be vastly more concrete. It's out there for everyone to hear. Mera, like all superheroes, is supposed to be a role model for young women. Just from a pragmatic standpoint, Warner can't allow her to continue in the role.

There are plenty of similar aged women that could replace her (and lets face it, most of them are better actresses). Lily Collins, Blake Lively, Riley Keough, Pom Klementieff. And I doubt having chemistry with Jason Momoa is hard to acheive.

I saw this #justiceforjohnnydepp hashtag the other day. Didn't even click on it, but assumed it was to do with trying to get him back on Pirates of the Caribbean!!

I admit to not knowing much about the Depp/Heard situation, so I'm quite surprised by what I'm seeing above. Will have to look into it further.

I heard the audio clips, it’s fairly damning, however it’s very hard to pass judgement on what happens in any relationship unless you’re actually in it. I would say the media very much painted Depp as the villain and that certainly doesn’t seem to be the case.
Has Heard actually been dropped from this then ?

I thought Depp was dropped from Pirates to save the world from more unnecessary suffering...

Depp was dropped from the Pirates franchise over (it seems) spurious allegations (even if it was unofficial). It would be grossly inappropriate to allow Heard to continue when the allegations against her look to be vastly more concrete. It's out there for everyone to hear. Mera, like all superheroes, is supposed to be a role model for young women. Just from a pragmatic standpoint, Warner can't allow her to continue in the role.

There are plenty of similar aged women that could replace her (and lets face it, most of them are better actresses). Lily Collins, Blake Lively, Riley Keough, Pom Klementieff. And I doubt having chemistry with Jason Momoa is hard to acheive.

Thats the problem though, it’s only Allegations, unproven at this stage in a court of law and leaked by the Daily Mail from a source...

Likewise I don’t think Depp should have been dropped from Pirates due to unproven allegations either although I thought that was just being rebooted? Two wrongs don’t make it correct Either. If this goes to court and she is guilty then yes I could see why she should be removed from her ambassadors role or film roles and rightly so but not before then and this should be the same for anyone that has any allegations made at them.

I don’t think either of them are innocent in this, he’s a history of drink and drug abuse, she seems to be hot tempered and the full transcript doesn’t read well for either of them. That said they are only hurting each other, should we really be concerned? Interestingly the #metoo legal team are representing her and you imagine they will have virtual unlimited funding while Depp is reported to be broke so could struggle with a long drawn out case Which could affect the decision.

Thats the problem though, it’s only Allegations, unproven at this stage in a court of law and leaked by the Daily Mail from a source...

Likewise I don’t think Depp should have been dropped from Pirates due to unproven allegations either although I thought that was just being rebooted? Two wrongs don’t make it correct Either. If this goes to court and she is guilty then yes I could see why she should be removed from her ambassadors role or film roles and rightly so but not before then and this should be the same for anyone that has any allegations made at them.

I don’t think either of them are innocent in this, he’s a history of drink and drug abuse, she seems to be hot tempered and the full transcript doesn’t read well for either of them. That said they are only hurting each other, should we really be concerned? Interestingly the #metoo legal team are representing her and you imagine they will have virtual unlimited funding while Depp is reported to be broke so could struggle with a long drawn out case Which could affect the decision.

There are no doubt plenty of battered wives out there that have 'a history of drink & drug abuse'. I suppose they too are 'not innocent in all this' so we shouldn't be concerned when they are knocked around and injured by violent spouses?

That's appalling and says a lot about our attitudes to domestic violence directed at men.

It's been revealed that Depp has not only been punched, bruised and had objects thrown at him, he's had cigarettes put out on him, part of his finger severed, faeces put in his bed, and (as you heard) been gaslighted and victim blamed by his wife. He is a battered husband. Flip the genders, and you'll see why you should 'really be concerned'.

To be clear, I agree with you about due process. And I don't hate Amber Heard (although if roles were reversed people would want Depp killed). She clearly has deep psychological problems that need to be seriously addressed and I hope she gets the help she needs. But she's now publicly exposed; there is no doubt that she physically assaulted her husband. She cannot possibly continue in her role as an inspirational comic book figure.

I heard the audio clips, it’s fairly damning, however it’s very hard to pass judgement on what happens in any relationship unless you’re actually in it. I would say the media very much painted Depp as the villain and that certainly doesn’t seem to be the case.
Has Heard actually been dropped from this then ?

No, I'm just getting ahead of myself. But I simply can't see it somehow. How can she possibly carry on as normal after this has emerged? Kevin Spacey didn't.

^ Spacey sexually assaulted young men over a long period of time and seems to still be in denial about it.
Heard & Depp were in a toxic relationship where it sounds like they were vile to each other for a couple of years.
I’d hardly compare the two.

^ Spacey sexually assaulted young men over a long period of time and seems to still be in denial about it.
Heard & Depp were in a toxic relationship where it sounds like they were vile to each other for a couple of years.
I’d hardly compare the two.

Not comparing the crimes, I'm comparing the outcomes.

She physically injured him. You literally heard it. When men hurt people, they get cancelled. There can't be a double standard.

There are no doubt plenty of battered wives out there that have 'a history of drink & drug abuse'. I suppose they too are 'not innocent in all this' so we shouldn't be concerned when they are knocked around and injured by violent spouses?

That's appalling and says a lot about our attitudes to domestic violence directed at men.

It's been revealed that Depp has not only been punched, bruised and had objects thrown at him, he's had cigarettes put out on him, part of his finger severed, faeces put in his bed, and (as you heard) been gaslighted and victim blamed by his wife. He is a battered husband. Flip the genders, and you'll see why you should 'really be concerned'.

To be clear, I agree with you about due process. And I don't hate Amber Heard (although if roles were reversed people would want Depp killed). She clearly has deep psychological problems that need to be seriously addressed and I hope she gets the help she needs. But she's now publicly exposed; there is no doubt that she physically assaulted her husband. She cannot possibly continue in her role as an inspirational comic book figure.

I think you may have missed what I am saying a little though we agree on a lot of points. To be clear, nobody should suffer domestic violence or abuse and it should be reported to the police in all circumstances who should investigate and punish to the fullest extent of the law. I appreciate in impoverished or uneducated communities this may not be possible for certain reasons. I also get what you are saying about should the sexes be reversed but again two wrongs don’t make it right and equality cuts both ways for me. Depp or any person with unproven allegations should not be removed for their role.

In the specific case of Heard and Depp I see a civil lawsuit years after the split and not a criminal one so the suspicious side of me arises. Both these safe and very rich people have access to fine legal advice, better than you or I and have reliable and safe access to Police services with the ability to report crimes and I wonder why this hasn’t been the case?

From the various reports over the years in the media, and let’s assume that they are well founded, true and responsibly investigated; it is clear these two have a toxic relationship as both are abusive to each other, that much seems clear, fortunately nobody else seems to be affected and as no children involved, I believe let them get on with their lives up until the authorities consider investigating, if it’s in the public interest or should they receive a complaint from the persecuted.

Unfortunately a movement exists, particularly in the toxic environment of Twitter where people actively campaign to get people cancelled or removed from roles but don’t seem to have interest in pursing justice in a court of law. (Joe Rogan podcast recent example from last week)

As to letting her continue as Mera; I believe it is the correct decision until a court reaches a conclusive verdict. We don’t know if mitigating circumstances exist, was she defending herself, was she on the attack, who knows (yet) and as damning as what you quote on Amber Heard is, there is equally as many articles on Johnny Depp and should she be removed at this stage it sets a dangerous precedent that will affect film/tv production.

What if Aquaman 2 was halfway through production and she was removed, film cancelled and then it goes to court and a full exoneration is issued? The fans lost out on a movie, financial impact to the studio, could potentially bankrupt a smaller studio, financial impact to the other cast and crew. Then you have the fallout from the now cleared person to consider.

I think you may have missed what I am saying a little though we agree on a lot of points. To be clear, nobody should suffer domestic violence or abuse and it should be reported to the police in all circumstances who should investigate and punish to the fullest extent of the law. I appreciate in impoverished or uneducated communities this may not be possible for certain reasons. I also get what you are saying about should the sexes be reversed but again two wrongs don’t make it right and equality cuts both ways for me. Depp or any person with unproven allegations should not be removed for their role.

In the specific case of Heard and Depp I see a civil lawsuit years after the split and not a criminal one so the suspicious side of me arises. Both these safe and very rich people have access to fine legal advice, better than you or I and have reliable and safe access to Police services with the ability to report crimes and I wonder why this hasn’t been the case?

Not as simple as just going to the police. He loves his wife, she isn't a stranger. I remember my ex wife hit me once over nothing at all when she was at her most messed up, and my mate (a copper) said I should have got her nicked. What I actually did was make her a cup of tea and try to calm her down.

From the various reports over the years in the media, and let’s assume that they are well founded, true and responsibly investigated; it is clear these two have a toxic relationship as both are abusive to each other, that much seems clear, fortunately nobody else seems to be affected and as no children involved, I believe let them get on with their lives up until the authorities consider investigating, if it’s in the public interest or should they receive a complaint from the persecuted.

All abusive relationships are 'toxic'. Why does that keep coming up? Violence wouldn't occur if was a healthy relationship would it. That doesn't mean both parties are equally to blame. Depp is emerging as the injured party. He has no prior form for domestic abuse, while she does. The evidence is overwhelming now. Again, not to belabour the point, but if a woman was being physically abused by her partner (even if she wasn't squeaky clean and occasionally fought back), it wouldn't be enough to simply say "oh well, they are just in a toxic relationship" and move on.

What if Aquaman 2 was halfway through production and she was removed, film cancelled and then it goes to court and a full exoneration is issued? The fans lost out on a movie, financial impact to the studio, could potentially bankrupt a smaller studio, financial impact to the other cast and crew. Then you have the fallout from the now cleared person to consider.

It's not unprecedented, as we saw with All The Money In the World and Kevin Spacey's replacement with Christopher Plummer after Anthony Rapp's accusation. As for a 'conclusive court verdict', she has already admitted publicly to physically hurting Depp. You heard it. There's no exoneration for that. She IS an abuser; that has been confirmed. Whether she gets convicted for it doesn't change that fact.

If she continues as Mera, that's up to Warners. But it will send a very bad message and there will be a backlash. Don't get me wrong, I detest 'cancel culture'. But this is violent abuse, not a bad tweet.

Further interesting reading. He sounds completely smitten but still abused.

Not as simple as just going to the police. He loves his wife, she isn't a stranger. I remember my ex wife hit me once over nothing at all when she was at her most messed up, and my mate (a copper) said I should have got her nicked. What I actually did was make her a cup of tea and try to calm her down.

It doesn't always have to be the Police, more often than not the first time it isn't reported to anyone and people try and sort amicably which seems to have been the case here It can be reported support groups/hotlines for victims or those that commit it. He filed a lawsuit for $50m so he must not have that much love! As for your personal situation, I wouldn't comment as I don't know enough to say you did/didnt do the correct thing but I can respect what and why you tried to help.

It's worth pointing out that I believe a difference exists between somebody suffering at the hands of mental health, excessive drinking or drug abuse (can be prescription) versus a person who in their full conscious mind partakes in criminal behaviour. Those suffering with problems and who make a mistake and commit an action are often ashamed and it mostly doesn't happen again if they seek help but the other side of the coin is, its normal behaviour for some and only gets worse with drink & drugs involved.

All abusive relationships are 'toxic'. Why does that keep coming up? Violence wouldn't occur if was a healthy relationship would it. That doesn't mean both parties are equally to blame. Depp is emerging as the injured party. He has no prior form for domestic abuse, while she does. The evidence is overwhelming now. Again, not to belabour the point, but if a woman was being physically abused by her partner (even if she wasn't squeaky clean and occasionally fought back), it wouldn't be enough to simply say "oh well, they are just in a toxic relationship" and move on.

I don't think a relationship has to be violent to be toxic. There is many forms of bullying that doesn't have to be physical. According to the media, these two met and hooked up while in other relationships (denied by some) and numerous issues reported/leaked before the more serious allegations so the moral compass may not point true north for either of them. Sometimes people just wind other people up the wrong way and often without any intent!

I read your links and as you said it doesn't look good for her at this stage but there is equally as many links that back her up and demonise him. Apparently (without prejudice) he cut his own fingertip up and wrote Billybob on a mirror in his own blood because he thinks she had an affair! Definitely not reasonable behaviour if true.

I honestly don't believe the full story has came out yet and will reserve judgement until then and neither should be removed or prevented from fair audition for any roles until otherwise convicted. As you say she could be defending herself, possibly receiving psychological trauma that drives her to lash out but she could also just be the instigator and the roles reverse. I am also conscious of the fact the media have clear bias on a wide range of subjects so may only report "some" of the facts while omitting others or leaving in the small print and this would by true for both Depp & heard.

I'm still in the "this feels like there's more to it" camp. I don't think it paints her in a good light at all, but I also don't think it completely exonerates him. It just feels like another shot across the bows and almost certainly lawyer-led. (And after just watching Marriage Story, I think this even more so!)

But he's also doing fine. He's still working, including in a big franchise movie. He also has legions of fans to fight his corner (a little too zealously perhaps). He hasn't been "cancelled" in any way. Just Pirates, and frankly I'll bet Disney was just looking for the smallest excuse to reboot there.

Johnny is not a happy drunk in this old video

discretion for both videos

Seems they both are toxic and a separation will be good for them

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom