1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

April update for Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Malone, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    No doubt a fair few are aware of this but I thought it was worth posting:) (pasted from IGN)

"Xbox Live 3.0
    The latest update for Xbox Live is rumored to have a ton of new features that are actually quite useful. Rumored to be released around April this year, the 3.0 update should include:

Voice Mail - Send your friends 15-second voicemails any time you send a friend request or game invitation.
    Title Managed Storage - Store information on the Xbox Live servers. Global storage is used to store rosters, weather patterns, and such, while per-user/per-title storage will give each gamer 32 KB of storage to store playbooks, settings, and other personal data. Benefits include not having to use memory cards to transport information.
    Family Title ID - Lets users share information across up to four supported games. For example, a user-created sports team can be automatically transferred across a number of titles.
    Teams - Create a team for a multiplayer game and have it - and its records - carry over each time you play a game. Each supporting game will offer its own set of rules.
    Competitions - Player- or publisher-created competitions will let gamers play in automated in-game elimination tournaments. Teams and individual participants are expected to be supported.
    Messaging - Players will have the ability to send and receive messages - voice or text - in any supported game.
    Updated Statistics and Clan Support - The ability to create "units" of players, complete with stat-tracking. Improved statistical data for individual games.
    We tried to contact Microsoft for an official statement but have not heard back from the company at time of publish. "

2. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +203
    This one interests me.
    Guess it won't be possible to censor anything. Already preparing myself for some replies to Colesy :)

Malone, can't find your new avatar from the link in your sig?
    Shame....;)

3. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Well dont look at the bloody gamer tag pic if u dont like what u see:p ;)

When your reading any of my posts at least u can dribble over pic of Kelly Brook instead, mind u I guess u probably dribbled over pic of me:D I quite understand:D

Matt

4. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    malone / spike

Did you guys get an xmcc mail regarding an up date

5. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Na, although I am registered so??

Matt.

Oh and I joined the golf tourno earlier set up by Obi, except I just realised its not The Obi as he's Colesy on here. Oh well dont matter are u gonna join??

6. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yes R6 Stats are finally getting reset at 5.00pm/am?? today according to xmcc. Hope this finally sorts out the damn Stats errors and if it does XSNSports etc will work again as R6 was the one screwing all the stat servers up as it was overloading it all.

7. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Eres hoping Eh!!!

Matt

8. richgtfc

richgtfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I liked that bug, it was the only time I've been at the top of the stats in a room with more than just me in:D

Filthy

9. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yeah, you better watch what you say now lads. Things could be confusing with two Obi's on. I dont think he would like to take abuse from you bunch of dirty rotten wh*res:rotfl: :laugh:
    I have now got that golf game thingy, but I have heard there is no kiling in it, so I am packing my G3A3 in my back pocket just in case you have all been fibbing to me.:laugh: :smashin:

We also better prepare ourselves for Typhoon's heavy breathing from the new voice message in Live 3