• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Apps won't update because I've a us and uk account

GrantM

I'm getting an error message come up when I try to update my apps that my account is only valid for the us only even tho I'm signed in with my uk account. I think I've confused my iTunes :confused:

I've tried signing out and in but the only way I can update my apps is delete them and reinstall.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
Grant

peterjcat

No, I have 3 accounts in different stores now (move around a lot!) and am always able to update apps as long as I'm signed into the right account... It works best in iTunes, on the iPad/iPhone itself things get very confused. Are you using iTunes or the device?

GrantM

No, I have 3 accounts in different stores now (move around a lot!) and am always able to update apps as long as I'm signed into the right account... It works best in iTunes, on the iPad/iPhone itself things get very confused. Are you using iTunes or the device?

I'm using the app store on the iPad. When I try to update a uk app the pop up box with my us email comes up I then sign out and in with my uk address but it refuses to update even tho I'm signed in. It tells me my accounts only valid in the us even tho I'm signed in with the uk one.

Installing apps is fine tho :confused:

GrantM

I'll give that a try next time. It's a bit of a pain tho I suppose a restore is the only way to resolve this and remove my us apps?

peterjcat

You can always just delete your US apps from the iPad, choose not to sync them to the iPad, or delete them from iTunes... if they're free apps then you can just redownload them from the UK store, if they're paid apps then you probably won't want to buy them again!

GrantM

Yes that might be worth a try. I only have the abc and pandora apps from the us. It's weird the uk apps won't update even signed in with my uk account. I'll delete them from the iPad and iTunes on my pc and see if that works :smashin:

GrantM

Just go into iTunes scroll to the bottom select your account , sign out, sign back into the other account and the go back into the app store and update, if it comes up with your USA account message just press cancel

So when I get another app to update from the uk app store on the ipad I sign into my us account then when I get the us account pop up I press cancel?

I'll try this when another app needs updated thanks :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom