Apps won't turn on C1

OriginalRich

Novice Member
Hi all,

I apologise if this has been asked before I have done much scouring and cannot find this scenario.

I have a C1 65" bought in June. Everything is great apart from I can turn the TV on using the remote but cannot turn it on using Thinq app or Google Home. Turning the TV off using those methods works fine. I've checked for software updates, of which there are none, and I've accepted all licence agreements. I've enabled turn on via WiFi and Bluetooth. I have no other issues with the network connection. The TV shows as disconnected in the Thinq app when it is turned off, however the red standby light remains on.

Does anyone have any ideas it's driving me up the wall!?

Calidad

Novice Member
Have you tried asking Google to “sync devices”?

Have you linked your ThinQ account through the app?

OriginalRich

Novice Member
Have you tried asking Google to “sync devices”?

Have you linked your ThinQ account through the app?
@Calidad

Syncing devices has no effect.

ThinQ account is linked to Google home and when the TV is on shows the correct status there and I'm able to turn it off. Once it's off attempting to turn it on just gives an error message.

AmesDP

Have you turned on the Network setting that allows apps to turn the TV on? If you haven't done that, the TV shuts off completely when you turn it off, and isn't listening on the network for an "on" command.

The trade-off is that if you leave that setting on, the TV consumes a bit more power and is always connected to the network.

OriginalRich

Novice Member
Have you turned on the Network setting that allows apps to turn the TV on? If you haven't done that, the TV shuts off completely when you turn it off, and isn't listening on the network for an "on" command.

The trade-off is that if you leave that setting on, the TV consumes a bit more power and is always connected to the network.
Yep I turned that option on first.

AmesDP

Yep I turned that option on first.
I tested it on my C1, and indeed it did the same thing as yours. Turns out there is a flaw in LG's instructions - "Quick Start+" must also be turned on, and there is nothing indicating that under the "On with Mobile" setting.

OriginalRich

Novice Member
I tested it on my C1, and indeed it did the same thing as yours. Turns out there is a flaw in LG's instructions - "Quick Start+" must also be turned on, and there is nothing indicating that under the "On with Mobile" setting.
This is turned on as well.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom