Question Approximate cost of panel replacement?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by IndianaBlues, Jan 10, 2019.

1. IndianaBlues

IndianaBlues

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Hi, I'm just trying to see if anyone knows what the approximate cost would be to get the panel in my Samsung 55JS9000 repaired? Came downstairs this morning to find the screen cracked and two suction-cup arrows stuck to it...thanks Santa...:facepalm:

Samsung have pointed me to their local repair service who will charge to come and see what the damage is, but before paying up I thought I'd check on here first to see if anyone has any recent experiences.

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,485
    Panel replacement will probably cost more than a replacement TV.
    Hope you've got contents insurance.

3. IndianaBlues

IndianaBlues

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Thanks, they're meant to be calling me back with a quote so will have to wait and see. Re insurance, long story but when i got the paperwork out it was still in my ex's name. All sorted now but I'm guessing i won't be able to claim on it :facepalm:

4. Guzzilazz

Guzzilazz
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I had an LG 43UJ750V 2 weeks out of warranty that developed a "candle smoke" mark on the screen. Long story short, LG wanted £379 to replace the screen, but they couldn't organise a booze up in a brewery, and I bought another tv for less... As the LG was the worst interface and control system I'm pleased to be out of it. Never buy another LG product