• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Approx 2k to spend - good all rounder that also looks 'good'!

mac69

Hi All,

I have a 40 Sammy LED and a 50" panny plasma - purchased in the last 14 months. Just moved house and in the market for a new TV for main room. 55" and above.

Would like it for SD and Sky HD, XBOX, PS3 and blue ray (dont have one yet). I also use TV for iplayer etc - so SMART functions a bonus. Will be wall mounted.

Open minded as to the type but I believe plasma is best for this size? (my LED has slight clouding issues).

Would like it to look good (frame etc) if possible but obviously picture comes first!

Saw the samsung deal a few weeks ago (comet - £2499 ue55es800, worked out at 2k with code and came with free bluerayer and galaxy tab). Deal not on now though :(

Looking for a few pointers and suggestions to get me started really.

Cheers all.

TONYELISE

Hi All,

I have a 40 Sammy LED and a 50" panny plasma - purchased in the last 14 months. Just moved house and in the market for a new TV for main room. 55" and above.

Would like it for SD and Sky HD, XBOX, PS3 and blue ray (dont have one yet). I also use TV for iplayer etc - so SMART functions a bonus. Will be wall mounted.

Open minded as to the type but I believe plasma is best for this size? (my LED has slight clouding issues).

Would like it to look good (frame etc) if possible but obviously picture comes first!

Saw the samsung deal a few weeks ago (comet - £2499 ue55es800, worked out at 2k with code and came with free bluerayer and galaxy tab). Deal not on now though :(

Looking for a few pointers and suggestions to get me started really.

Cheers all.
What about a 55vt50,i have one and the pq is amazing and even better after a calibration, 2.2k from tps comes with 5years free warrenty but you have to go instore,free 120 bluray player and 2 pairs of glasses and imo and all other members on here the best customer service in the buisness give Craig,Chris,Darren,Steve or Pete a ring one of them will sort you out.Best thing is to go and demo some.
Tony

mac69

Looks good!!

Crampton and Moore are selling it for 2099 with free blue ray (near me in Sheffield).

Question I have is in regards to the active 3D. Is passive better? I tried the passive on an LG yesterday and it looked superb. Are the glasses OK to wear and buy (expensive?)

Any other suggestions from anyone .. this looks a superb start (I want to try and buy for Sky install on Friday :)

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Looks good!!

Crampton and Moore are selling it for 2099 with free blue ray (near me in Sheffield).

Question I have is in regards to the active 3D. Is passive better? I tried the passive on an LG yesterday and it looked superb. Are the glasses OK to wear and buy (expensive?)

Any other suggestions from anyone .. this looks a superb start (I want to try and buy for Sky install on Friday :)

With LCD yes passive is better as you get more crosstalk, active on plasma is different.

mac69

Well, Ive gone for the 55vt50 :)

£2049, free blue ray and 2 discs ... arriving Saturday (but im away for the weekend!!)

Bracket is already on the wall .... :)

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom