1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Appropriate dvd to match system

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by FINTAN10, Jul 13, 2005.

1. FINTAN10

FINTAN10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi need help making choice . Recently purschased M&K xenon panny pv500 and denon avc 11xv amp .Read all the DVD forum natural choice seems denon 2910 or 3910 , or pioneer dv868 in view of offers around BUT as so often pointed out in this forum hd dvd round the corner . Could just connect the freebee panasonic via component and wait , but after spending all my hard earned money it seems a shame to skimp on the source .Does matching amp and dvd brands improve performance . DVD mainly used for movies not music . Thanks for any help .

2. carlton

carlton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just purchased a marantz dv7600 to go with my pv500 via hdmi and the picture is very good with both old and new movies including poorer transfers
    which my previous player samsung 850 wasnt.If u want a decent mid range player i'd demo this.

3. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    I would go and demo a cross section of players and buy what you think you can live with. One thing I will say is a quality player will always sell on the second hand market or be accepted back by the dealer in part exchange (I am talking of something in the same neighbourhood as your amp) so an expensive purchase is not so bad.

4. FINTAN10

FINTAN10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank's for the help . I have seen a demo of 3910 mightly impressed ,I will try a demo of pioneer 868 as well as I have read someone here with that como working well . I may well try marantz as well .

5. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I'd have a scout around for a second hand Denon 2900. Excellent player and at the moment HDMI for SD DVD is really not worth it. I'd advise stick with component until some true Hi def material comes out.

6. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So where did you get the marantz 7600 from. I haven't seen one shop (superfi and seven oaks in leeds who both do marantz) who have one yet to try out. Whats the component out like as I would use this on my plasma and the hdmi on a future projector

7. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    The first hit on Google was a UK mail order source...

8. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeh seen that. I will wait until available so I can see what the pic and sound are like. Cheers