1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Approach to Panasonic re PT-AE100 problems?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kramer, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As mentioned on a thread here. I think this is a very good idea.

If anyone is willing to be the intermediary, now is the time to speak up! If not, & as the owner of a problem unit (as yet unresolved), I would be quite willing to act as a representative.

Hopefully, we would get some answers, &, maybe some solutions to our problems. I was just about to e-mail Panasonic myself, but now I could also highlight the problems of several forum members.

They say "there's strenght in numbers", so we should expect a better response in this regard.

If a moderator, or someone better positioned to launch a "campaign" is game, perhaps they should seek support from those unlucky owners. If not, & owners want me to instigate the contact, they might post there opinions & suggestions here.

I'm determined to have my problematic unit replaced, but now am worried about a future unit displaying more serious problems.

Opinions & suggestions ?

ps. Jones Rush - no need to reply, I think we all know what your input would be!

2. codling

codling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    great idea kramer,

one the poll stats,one vote(mine)should be moved from no problem to the other:(

ill have a think on this today.

thanks carl

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would certainly recommend also making contact with a few of the magazines - especially the likes of Home Cinema Choice who have just reviewed the machine and also given it a product of the year award.

Strength in numbers is something but from experience if you get the support from a recognised review body that has facility to reach a wider audience, I'm sure we'll see Panasonic addressing any problem with a little more vigour.

4. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I haven't had any problems with mine yet Kramer..........but thats because I still haven't got it yet:( :mad: :eek: :mad: Two and a half months and counting. Needless to say though, knowing my luck I'll eventually get one with dead pixels all over the shop which will proceed to blow up before I've even had a chance to return it:mad:

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Keith,

This is an absolutely ridiculous situation. This country makes me laugh, at times even want to cry.

I ordered a Hoya HMC FL-Day filter 5 weeks ago last Wednesday, from my local camera shop. Said should have it in 7-10 days. It finally arrived yesterday - the wrong one! Idiots! When ordering I highlighted the fact I needed the HMC version & they got the standard one. I've since ordered the correct one on-line, & hopefully will have it next week.

I can't say (yet) whether you should order from Germany (hificomponents.de), but I know how I'd feel re Meritec & Panasonic Ireland. Tell them to get stuffed:mad:

Have you paid a deposit? If so get it back, & demand interest for the period they've had it.

If you do go the German route, the total cost will be €1948, so you'll save a good €500 on the Irish price.

The poll suggests a 1 in 4 chance of a "bad" unit, so the odds are pretty good. I'm told I'll hear next week re a replacement unit for my one. Will let you know how I get on.

If I were you, I'd go this route. You should have an AE-100 in 10 days. Wait for Meritec & there will probably be snow on the ground before you get one:mad:

Keep the chin up!

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kramer, if you are prepared to take the time and trouble to escallate this problem to Panasonic, then i for one will back you.
    Best of luck, and thanks for putting yourself forward.
    Best regards
    LittleT2

7. codling

codling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    hi all

i emailed panasonic
    here is the email i sent and also the reply.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    EMAIL REQUEST: Subject - Website Enquiry. DETAILS: From:

hello,

just purchased your pt-ae100e lcd projector.
    it was fine for the first week then all of a sudden when trying to power it up the power light starts flashing then the lamp light starts flashing an thennothing happens.

the reason im telling you about this problem is that i visit a popular
    newsgroup for home cinema hobbyists and it seems that there is quite a few more who have this exact same problem!about approx 25% of owner which seem quite high.

heres a link to this forum for you to look at yourself

http://www.avforums.com/

if this link does not work goto www.avforums.com and go to the lcd projectors thread.

so again im just making you aware of this possible manufacturing flaw as it

if there is a common problem will you be looking into this?,and possibly doing a recall to sort this problem out?

mine is getting repaired within the week hopefully

let me know what you think about this

thanks carl odwyer/avsforum members

PROBLEM RESOLUTION:
    Thank you for your e-mail enquiry.

In response, I would explain that this forum web address has been passed to the factory producing these items. We have not however seen any of these faulty items ourselves so cannot comment with any certainty on the amount or cause of the problem.

Trusting that the above information will be of assistance to you. However,of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate
    to contact us on 08705 357357 or customer.care@panasonic.co.uk and we will
    endeavour to assist.

atleast they have past our posts on

cheers carl

:)