• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

AppleTV won't login to iTunes account

daveb975

Distinguished Member
I have had my AppleTV for a few months, but have not purchased or rented much content using it.

I am trying to rent a film at the moment, but it consistently tells me that my 'Apple ID is not recognised or my password is wrong'

I was under the impression that I should just login to the iTunes store using the same details as I do on my mac?:confused: I know that the ID and password are correct, because I have just logged out and logged back in again on my Mac.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

wildy01

This has happened to me. Not sure why, I also remember it not wanting to sync......so it may be a different end issue.

Any way...

The only way I resolved it was a full factory reset, unpair in itunes, repair and sync.

Last edited:

si2k2000

If you go to iTunes on your Mac and Select Store > Authorise Computer. this has resolved syncing, Apple ID issues for me before. It's worth a try.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom