Appletv componet to scart possible?

elliotjames

Hi
I am looking to get one of these for 2 reasons
1. Use it to connect itunes to my hifi via optical
2. Connect to my crt to use as a display to select music and also use this for watching dvd's for the kids.

Is this possible say using a component to scart switch and does anyone use one this way?

Cheers

steeled

Novice Member
The Apple TV only has a component video or HDMI. If you want to connect to a SCART then you require a component video to SCART convertor box. It can not be done be cable only.

If you just want the machine to play music then an Airport Express may do the job. This also has an optical digital output which you can connect to the Hi-Fi. You could then use an iPod Touch or iPhone as a remote control to select the tracks you want to play.

The Apple TV is a nice machine - I have all my CD collection on it using Apple Lossless encoding and it sounds fine to me.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Dave

elliotjames

The Apple TV only has a component video or HDMI. If you want to connect to a SCART then you require a component video to SCART convertor box. It can not be done be cable only.

If you just want the machine to play music then an Airport Express may do the job. This also has an optical digital output which you can connect to the Hi-Fi. You could then use an iPod Touch or iPhone as a remote control to select the tracks you want to play.

The Apple TV is a nice machine - I have all my CD collection on it using Apple Lossless encoding and it sounds fine to me.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Dave
Thanks but I want to rip all the kids dvd's as they are always getting scratched ! so need it for both.
I have found an adaptor to do the job but these are £90ish I was hoping it was just a switch rather than a convertor.

As an aside what is the picture quality like when viewed on a projector?

Cheers

steeled

Novice Member
Thanks but I want to rip all the kids dvd's as they are always getting scratched ! so need it for both.
I have found an adaptor to do the job but these are £90ish I was hoping it was just a switch rather than a convertor.

As an aside what is the picture quality like when viewed on a projector?
Unfortunately there is no switch to change from component to RGB. I guess it was aimed at the US market and they forgot about Europe!

Not used my Apple TV on a projector but it looks fine on a 37 inch LCD.

Sorry I can not be more help.

Regards

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom