AppleTV - any good ?

Tafflad

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new TV from Currys, and just received a mail advising I can have a free subscription to Apple TV for 6 months
What is the opinion on this service, any good ?

I don't have iPhone or any of the Apple Smart products.

I have Netflix & Amazon PRIME, also have Samsung TV (not that used that yet)

For all Mankind is great

I just bought a gaming mouse for christmas pressie to a grandson from them. Got the same offer. Binned it.
Currrys was a last resort place to purchase for me, though.

Beware the T&C and remember to cancel the paid sub rollover in good time - you'll have to register a payment method.

Barclaycard offer Apple subs similarly. Other streaming services and $ky sometimes do similar things.

They are all hoping people will forget to cancel and rollover into paying customers.

I believe you can cancel your subscription as soon as you have started and it will run the course. I had a free sub (via LG then via Roku and now again via Sky VIP) and I'd say there was some decent stuff. Like anything it depends entirely on your taste. I enjoyed Bad Sisters.

I also have no apple devices. Should be no chance of messing anything up.

I have it and pay the monthly subscription.
It's one of the best streaming services with very good pic and sound quality and extremely good content.
You’re not tied into a yearly contract and you can cancel anytime…in fact after starting a free trial Apple will email you a reminder that your free trial is about to end.
Head over to our TV Shows forum where you can read about Apple TV content.

Last edited:
I had a 3 moth free trail with a Roku device. I can't say I've watched much of it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom