Appleseed 2004 - must see

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
2 disc collectors edit. in metal case.

Hi,

Finally watched this, techinically and visually wow!. Looks and sounds great, and some of the skys are just, well superb. Its very loud!.

The firefights, the robots, the cell render on the characters is excellent. PQ is ace.

The 3d city is amazing. The doc on the film about the 3d is also great for beginners.

Now the story, firstly, the movement and emotion of the characters is excellent, and better than most hollywood actors!, not hard.

Anyone who has seen manga films, will know what to expect story wise, not brillant, but does the job well, without getting too complex. A must see.

rai

got that version, very good film I must say. Jaw dropping CGI.

Oh bloody hell that's another £15 going to Play.com then :(

BTW, which region should I get?

I got this through this morning, had a quick skim through it on my portable, it looks absolutely stunning.

I can't wait to watch it properly when I get home.

Craig @ Movietyme said:
We also do this for £14.99 on our site guys...

For me personally, cd-wow are the fastest, most reliable. And over £18 no custom charges.

Just watched the R1 special edition from Amazon last night, in one word awesome. The CG effects have really been blended in well with the the traditional animation. I watched the DD5.1 English soundtrack which was very good, although I expect the Japanese DTS will really give me something to grin about.
Also I liked the case, very snazzy and great idea.

All in all well worth the money, just got Steamboy to watch now.

This arrived yesterday and I have to say that the dvd case itself is one of the nicest I've ever seen - beautifully finished tin/plastic composite. Thoroughly justifies the £15 price tag imo.

Just need a moment to watch the damn thing!

DT

I dont normally watch anime movies but this caught my eye and I am so glad it did, I watched it again the next evening. :clap:

The picture quality and effects were especially good.

Since I have watched this (only last week) I have re-watched final fantasy spirits with in (one of my fav films :D ) and bought Ghost in a shell, Ghost in a shell Complex, Princess Mononoke, Vampire Hunter D and Perfect Blue. :D

I have also pre ordered Steam Boy.

Can anyone recomend any more good anime movies as I am getting the taste for it :smashin:

plenty to recommend mate.

Ninja Scroll is a must have, as is any Mikazaki film. My favourites include spirited away, princess mononoke and grave of the fireflies.

Tokyo Godfathers is also worth a strong mention, it is very good.

Games Guru said:
plenty to recommend mate.

Ninja Scroll is a must have, as is any Mikazaki film. My favourites include spirited away, princess mononoke and grave of the fireflies.

Tokyo Godfathers is also worth a strong mention, it is very good.

Cheers for the tips Games Guru, I saw princess mononoke last night :thumbsup:

Toyko Godfathers sounds good :cool:

Keeps the recomendations coming

Cowboy bebop the movie I think is great, as is the original appleseed movie, which is quite different from this new version. Macross + is absolutely fantastic, one of the best, comes in a 2 disc set with two different versions.

Ghost in the shell complex looks great, although i'm waiting for a complete boxset before i buy any.

Neon genesis evangelion gets good reviews, although I didn't like it very much TBH.

I havn't seen steamboy, but that looks promising, and i have preordered that.

can't think of any more, although ive got some on the tip of my tongue!

Finally watched it over the weekend - bloody hell what an awesome film! It looks amazing!

The impenatrable anime story line totally inappropriate soundtrack spoil things a bit, but I'll let that go - par for the course in anime these days!

The hand-drawn "fluidity" of the character animation in GITS 2 looks better imho. Appleseed's facial & body animation is motion-captured and looks a bit choppy/unrealistic - faces can be a bit expressionless etc.

Also, some of the light-source shadowing is a bit OTT (especially on faces). These are small niggles though - it is stunning to look at and must have taken an age to create.

Here's hoping for a cinema release :rolleyes:

DT

all clothing looks plastic doesn't it? That's the biggest thing I noticed!

Loved this movie, God bless the jap's and their love of big robot's with even bigger gun's, nobody does it better.

I started liking anime movies 1-2 years ago. My collection is not big, but I have the full Neon Genesis Evangelion series including "Death and rebirth" and "End of..", I have the "must-have" movies such as "Princess Mononke", "Ghost in the shell" (1 and 2), "Cowboy Bebop", "Perfect Blue", "Metropolis", "Blood the last vampire" and so on. As I write this, a couple more are on their way by mail :D

Anyway, I just wanted to say that when I bought Appleseed, I loved it immediately. Great story and very stylish overall. Then I heard rumours about a sequal, and even saw it once. I searched the internet for months to find a place to buy Appleseed 2004, I had a link to the movie info in my sig on forums (still do) to make people find out about it, and as I did a search again today, I stumbled across this place :clap:

Needless to say, I clicked my way to CD WOW! as fast as I could, and placed an order on the limited collector's edition of Appleseed 2004. I LOVE this movie! To be honest, it was so beautiful, a tear ran down my cheek when I saw it the first time, and I wanted it so bad in my DVD collection. In a couple days it will be there in good company with my other well-chosen anime movies.

I am happy now! And oh, thanks for this what looks to be a magnificant forum for movie-lovers!

(BTW - I will get Macross too in the mail very shortly, and both anime and movie version of Ichi the killer)

Sundiver said:
I am happy now! And oh, thanks for this what looks to be a magnificant forum for movie-lovers!

Its the best forum i have found, movies aside, have you been on any footie forum, fans of the same team tear at each other with the foulest of words!, no control.

Glad you enjoyed Appleseed, cant wait for the next 'all 3d' cell rendered movie from the same stable.

Hi guys, if any of you speak French, it's well worth to have a look at what's available there in terms of animation, simply because most stuff gets released there first, or at the same time as the US (after Japan of course)... I'm really ****** that it's not the same in the UK... bah anyway, just my 2 cent :D

Hello raigraphixs! I received the movie in the mail today, and it was like finding the holy grail moment when I opened it. The DVD-case is really well made, very solid and with that very nice feeling when you touch it. It really feels like metal, is it? I can't tell for sure, but it certainly doesn't feel like plastic, and the back seems to be hinged, with a separate piece of acrylic with the movie name on it (very nice touch). When I opened it, I found the two DVD's on the inside, in addition to a leaflet with nice pictures from the movie.

I am so looking forward to watch this movie (again) :clap:

(Sorry about poor picture quality, I blame the camera. Always.)

Attachments

• appleseed_cover.jpg
    appleseed_cover.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 56

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom