Applecare with he discount

simon12

Does anyone know if I can get the Applecare extended warranty on the HE discount without having to buy the computer at the same time, ie can I get it separately?

dc8900

Distinguished Member
I'm not sure if you can, bear in mind, if you are yet to get a HE mac, it's worth getting the APP at the same time seeing as it's some 40-50 odd quid which is pretty amazing considering the usual APP price they charge

When you buy from the Apple HE store you get 3 years warranty free, it is the same as Apple Care except without the phone support, and tbh your better off searching the internet than calling any company's phone line for software support.
When I look at the online warranty checker it says I have a 'Custom Agreement' and my warranty expires on 25th April 2012 (exactly 3 years after I bought it).

simon12

The Mac in question is being purchased used and I want to extend the Applecare for a student. I don't think I can buy it at the discount separately.

nigelbb

Distinguished Member
The Mac in question is being purchased used and I want to extend the Applecare for a student. I don't think I can buy it at the discount separately.
You can buy AppleCare on the HE store separately at a discount but it's not the super cheap discount version that you get when you buy a new Mac e.g. iMac 109 quid instead of 139 quid.

Isn't it cheaper & better to buy a new Mac from the HE store at 14% discount rather than buying a used Mac that is less than a year old? I am assuming that the used Mac is less than one year old as otherwise it is not eligible for purchase of AppleCare to extend the warranty to three years.

simon12

Isn't it cheaper & better to buy a new Mac from the HE store at 14% discount rather than buying a used Mac that is less than a year old? I am assuming that the used Mac is less than one year old as otherwise it is not eligible for purchase of AppleCare to extend the warranty to three years.
I have gotten my son a 10mth old MBP which is perfect for his upcoming college work as against the MB I would have had to buy with the HE discount. This has worked out a bit cheaper for us too even with the ipod offer taken into account and we don't have to waste time flogging the ipod on ebay.

Hmm- I might keep the MBP and give him the MB I already own...Hmmmm:devil:

nigelbb

Distinguished Member
I have gotten my son a 10mth old MBP which is perfect for his upcoming college work as against the MB I would have had to buy with the HE discount. This has worked out a bit cheaper for us too even with the ipod offer taken into account and we don't have to waste time flogging the ipod on ebay.
It sounds like you got a good deal on the MBP as the cheapest MB is about 730 pounds on the HE Store but then the AppleCare would have been just 47 pounds. Incidentally the cheapest MBP on the HE Store is 859 pounds (plus 47 pounds for AppleCare).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom