Apple Watch vs Garmin

tredman

Distinguished Member
And still no decision made. Although the AW is on sale at Currys, making it pretty cheap to jump onboard the Apple train.
I went back to my vivoactive for a few days last week, must admit I really missed the Apple Watch - it’s better for everything apart from running.

Even the running isn’t that different - in run metrics are pretty similar and tracking is the same (I ran with a friend on Friday - I had Apple Watch and he Garmin and they tracked near enough identical). Garmin is better post-run in the connect app though.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I don’t do any post run analysis. I upload to connect, it syncs to strava. I just check average pace.
the garmin is rough and ready and has handled everything I’ve thrown at it. I think I’d have to get the tough straps etc with the AW as well.

tredman

Distinguished Member
I don’t do any post run analysis. I upload to connect, it syncs to strava. I just check average pace.
the garmin is rough and ready and has handled everything I’ve thrown at it. I think I’d have to get the tough straps etc with the AW as well.
I usually just go for the cheap knock-off straps on Amazon - currently using this which I really like:
amBand Sport Solo Loop Strap Compatible with Apple Watch 42mm 44mm, Adjustable Stretch Braided Elastics Nylon Replacement Wristband Compatible with iWatch Series 6/5/4/3/2/1 SE - DarkGray: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I was thinking along the lines of this Amazon product or I think there is a spigen one with face protection built into the strap. My current watch gets knocked around a lot with DIY and kids.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom