Apple Watch ss link bracelet scratching

Perfect! Decision made then :) Enjoy!

I absolutely love the SS Mark and I'm in complete limbo as to what to do. Also a massive thanks to Justin for his scratch test. I think I'm drawn to the SS due to my Planet Ocean (and if I'm honest all my watches bar one are stainless steel models) - I don't recall ever owning a black watch.

HOWEVER... Everyone is raving about the SSB. Every review I read says it's so much better in the flesh than in pictures. Mrs Kieron says I should go for the SSB for a change and that I'll probably wear the PO as a contrasting watch. I don't want to relegate my Omega to a drawer or its box so maybe she has a point.

I'm doing my flight exam in Leeds next week so I'm going to make a try on appointment for Tuesday evening when I arrive. I think that once I have seen both I'll be able to make my mind up.

Well done and thanks to all here though for the brilliant pictures and videos! Been a massive help.

Sounds like a perfect plan Kieron. You will definitely make the right choice if you can try both together. This was the one thing that was missing for me and I put all my bets into the SSSB.

Good luck with your flight exam, sounds like the energy needs to go to getting through that :)

You're all clear kid, now let's blow this thing and go home!

Jump to 3:18

:D

Before the pre-order I was all set to order the Space Black. I think originally the thing that persuaded me to go for the standard was because I felt it would be smart for work dress as well as casual. I ordered the black sports band as I mentioned before as the comprise for the SSB as well as for running. It was only until after I got my order in I was reading other people's comments on the SSB that raised my doubts whether I made the right choice.

Looking back I think I concluded that it looked too black and wouldn't look quite right in all the things I do both in work and socially. Might sound silly but obviously just a personal thing. So I think your bang on right Justin and think I will stick with my original instinct and keep it. :smashin:

Update: Well it's holding up very well, no further scratches. :)

Hey guys. I've been following your saga over the past couple weeks. Thank you for gathering the information you have and also for testing the scratchability of the black link bracelet. I have a question and wonder if any of you may have the answer. Will using cape cod polish cloths or any other stainless steel polish work fine with the black SS model (on the watch enclosure itself) or will that cause more damage if used?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys. I've been following your saga over the past couple weeks. Thank you for gathering the information you have and also for testing the scratchability of the black link bracelet. I have a question and wonder if any of you may have the answer. Will using cape cod polish cloths or any other stainless steel polish work fine with the black SS model (on the watch enclosure itself) or will that cause more damage if used?

Thanks in advance!
Apple only recommend a non abrasive lint free cloth. I would be inclined to leave the black steel model alone!

Its a very good question, and I have no idea what the answer is :D

OMG! I have a proper scratch which looks just like the one Mark had earlier in this thread!
See pic... looking for magic microfibre cloth as we speak. So, will it buff out?

Attachments

• IMG_0563.jpg
    IMG_0563.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 195
OMG! I have a proper scratch which looks just like the one Mark had earlier in this thread!
See pic... looking for magic microfibre cloth as we speak. So, will it buff out?
And almost in the same place. Hope it comes off.

It will! Good as new :)

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 229
Had a single line scratch on my clasp today (SS Link) - quick rub with the cape cod cloth and it was gone.

I absolutely swear by these cloths - they've removed so many marks from my Omega clasp. Just don't rub too hard.

I managed to pick up a couple on the clasp to despite being very careful. Look like I need to get some of this cape cod stuff.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Update. Got a few desk scratches on the clasp and some "wearable" scratches on the link. 30 seconds with the above cape cod and it now looks like this...

image.jpg

Update. Got a few desk scratches on the clasp and some "wearable" scratches on the link. 30 seconds with the above cape cod and it now looks like this...

View attachment 598541

Hasn't it removed the brushed finish to the link bracelet?

Hi, yes I gold plated it. But prior to that I would just move side to side on the brushing rather than downwards if that makes sense. Still no scratches :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom