Apple Watch Series 3

Im really liking my Apple Watch, happy with the purchase. Biggest surprise was actually the AirPods though, I think they are great.

I contacted three today and said I was thinking of leaving due to wanting a contract for my Apple Watch. They said I could get any data sim and it would work with Apple Watch but I told them that wasn't right as only EE can at the moment, I was only hoping to find out if three were going to be supporting in the near future but they offered to cancel my contract free of charge with 8 months remaining. I took them up on their offer and went for the 17pm EE 10gb plan.

After I get £35 cash back and 6 months free Apple Music + plus 6 months free Apple Watch plan its not going to cost much more than the 3 mobile plan I'm on at the moment.

Not sure how much id use the watch without the phone but it will be nice to have the option there.

Thought id put a follow up to switching over to EE.

Ive had nothing but bother with EE. After 2 hours on the phone they couldnt setup my watch esim, spoke with many clueless advisors that keep saying they are the best and look out for their customers without answering any questions or being of any help, found out the pre sales had miss-informed me about the free apple music offer being added to my existing account, got charged for that free apple offer, waited 5.5 days for number to port over (this was due to the holidays so not much to complain about with that really) Now been told I need to wait 24 hours after my number has been ported to cancel in order to keep my number.

Will definitely be cancelling tomorrow but now Im unsure wether to go back to three or try someone else like BT who may get Apple Watch support soon as mentioned by a fellow member. I have asked a couple of times but they said they have no information about when/if apple watch will be supported. To be honest after a week with the Apple Watch I dont think I really need to be able to use it without my phone, not at £5 a month.

Apple watch newbie here been thinking of grabbing a new watch and thought what about the new series 3 Apple watch but have no scooby doo what there all about or whats the best option so looking for advice from you knowledgeable people.

Firstly i take it the difference between non cellular and cellular is that one will make phone calls and texts etc and the other wont, its just a digital watch.

Also whats the difference between the non Nike models and the Nike models. Is it just the same watch but with a Nike strap or do you get anything extra the non Nike models don't have.

I'm a EE customer on a sim only deal with unlim mins, texts and 25gb of data, will EE charge me for having a Apple watch or will it just link with my iphone 6 plus and use my current mobile sim only mins,texts and data.

Regarding the alloy case model does it stand up to wear as the stainless steal is a significant price increase.

Are the sports straps you get with it secure as they do look as if it may accidentally loosen and I could end up loosing the watch without knowing

I tend to never not have my iphone with me so do I need cellular, what are the advantages and do I have to use the cellular part if I'm not bothered about paying EE extra if they require it.

And what does an Apple watch actually do, hopefully it's tells the time as that's what Id want it for in first place, not sure if its for me yet.

Any advice and knowledge would be gratefully appreciated

Just picked up a used series 3 for under £200, so far quite impressed with the battery life compared to my old Huawei. The android set up would give me 2 days with my usage, but the Apple watch is being used for workouts as well (the android was just used for notifications) and I'm two days in and at 57% so I guess I should see 3 days at this rate.
I do turn off my iphone and watch for bed though.... around 5-6 hours.
Does everyone just use stock faces? .... I have installed Facer and put some custom watch faces on but does anyone have any good ones to share?

Just picked up a series 3 42mm ss Silver with Milanese for £400 with Jl receipt 2 month old nice to be back with the aw again,I bought the ss link band from cex grade b £95 arrived today but fake and a bad fake at that, took it back to my local for a refund and ordered another online 1 more chance then I’m done

Just picked up a series 3 42mm ss Silver with Milanese for £400 with Jl receipt 2 month old nice to be back with the aw again,I bought the ss link band from cex grade b £95 arrived today but fake and a bad fake at that, took it back to my local for a refund and ordered another online 1 more chance then I’m done

£400 that’s a bit of a bargain

£400 that’s a bit of a bargain
Not half he’s took a huge hit from new, good old eBay though he sent it in a Jiffy bag no box has he threw it away but it arrived unscathed in one piece fortunately,I must admit the Milanese is a nice strap but not a patch on the link band which is a work of art imo,it does seam a bit quicker than the series 2 but nothing amazing

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom