Apple Watch Series 3

No LTE is on, but in theory I guess its off, as im always near the phone, except overnight when it will be on wifi as phone is too far away for bluetooth connection.
I got the LTE really "Just in case", not for any specific usage scenario.

I have the series 3 (non LTE). It’s my first smart watch and the one thing I was worried about was the 18 hours advertised battery life. I needn’t have worried, I comfortably get three days use with no problem at all. Loving my watch!

Went and tried the aluminium version yesterday and wasn’t that impressed with the build quality. Unfortunately no stainless steel watches to try on, so it’s definitely not a aluminium one. Still undecided on the ceramic!!

Having an issue with my watch not connecting to the cloud at work, can anyone with an LTE apple watch 3 can you try and see if you can connect to WIFI networks such as the cloud network by disabling your iPhone completely. Please let me know if your watch connects to the cloud wifi with out your iphone

Went and tried the aluminium version yesterday and wasn’t that impressed with the build quality. Unfortunately no stainless steel watches to try on, so it’s definitely not a aluminium one. Still undecided on the ceramic!!

You won’t be disappointed with the Stainless Steel, I had the Aluminium version of the launch model Apple Watch - the Stainless is worlds apart in terms of looks and quality in my view.

I’m a band addict, but really love the brushed metal bands going about against the stainless steel - really suits it, I also have a few leather bands that go well, in fact I’ve yet to find a band that doesn’t suit it! I’m waiting on a Milanese Loop and Red Leather Loop to add to the collection.

Ceramic, didn’t quite have the same wow as the stainless gave me.

We are all different I suppose, but I’d recommend seeking a stainless version to try on.

This weeks band....

AE544B96-A117-47EC-97F2-74C72CE415E5.jpeg F536902B-FC7F-4AD0-A1AB-1E869910F56D.jpeg

You won’t be disappointed with the Stainless Steel, I had the Aluminium version of the launch model Apple Watch - the Stainless is worlds apart in terms of looks and quality in my view.

I’m a band addict, but really love the brushed metal bands going about against the stainless steel - really suits it, I also have a few leather bands that go well, in fact I’ve yet to find a band that doesn’t suit it! I’m waiting on a Milanese Loop and Red Leather Loop to add to the collection.

Ceramic, didn’t quite have the same wow as the stainless gave me.

We are all different I suppose, but I’d recommend seeking a stainless version to try on.

This weeks band....

View attachment 925864 View attachment 925865

What strap is that mate? Is it the Apple link bracelet? My Milanese loop is on it's way out and currently looking for a replacement.

Regarding the watch itself, big fan of the Stainless Steel Series 3... I went from a Series 1 and the difference is clear as night and day... Probably the first version that can be taken seriously as a proper smartwatch... Series 1 is too slow and rubbish battery, though I didn't realise it until I tried the Series 3.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
After buying my son an aluminium AW3 and being impressed with it, I caved and purchased a black stainless steel with Milanese loop for myself. I have a launch day silver stainless steel that I’ll be keeping and have to say the series 3 is a significant and worthwhile update if you have the original.

After buying my son an aluminium AW3 and being impressed with it, I caved and purchased a black stainless steel with Milanese loop for myself. I have a launch day silver stainless steel that I’ll be keeping and have to say the series 3 is a significant and worthwhile update if you have the original.

This is my preferred option, space grey SS with Milanese loop. Just waiting in the I Phone 10 to see how they look/operate together

This is my preferred option, space grey SS with Milanese loop. Just waiting in the I Phone 10 to see how they look/operate together

Also getting the X. The black SS will be a very good match imo.

Going for the space grey X

What would you say is better about the 3 in your experience?

In my opinion coming from a series 0 its the speed & waterproofing.

Other than that not much really

See for me the series 0 does everything I want. Which is basically notifications. I can’t remember the last time I actually used a specific app but for quickly glancing at texts and emails it’s invaluable.

Plus it’s more than waterproof for me too. The only other thing I’ve found helpful is the Expedia app that popped up when I was boarding planes etc. But other than that.

Think I’ll stick with my aluminium 0 for some time. Newer ones might be ok for new customers but I honestly can’t see the point in upgrading myself.

Tommorow I’m going to return my series 3 LTE and just get a normal series 3. Been weighing up my usage of LTE since I’ve had it and the places where I don’t want to use my phone have wifi connection.. save myself a bit of money by doing this

If it’s just notifications then a series 0 is fine. Waterproofing wasn’t an issue or need for me. But I do use some apps that took an age to open and by comparison the 3 is so much faster.

A big plus for me is battery though. I’ve always had to charge each night and recently would drop below 10% before going to bed. I think that may be Since updating to watch OS4.

Right now I’m getting over 2 days which has never happened before.

Tommorow I’m going to return my series 3 LTE and just get a normal series 3. Been weighing up my usage of LTE since I’ve had it and the places where I don’t want to use my phone have wifi connection.. save myself a bit of money by doing this
What happens about the EE plan if you return the Watch?

I've recently taken out Vitality Life Insurance so ordered an Apple 3 Nike+ through them (£0 up front then £12.50 per month which can be reduced to as little as £0p/m depending on how active you are - steps, workouts, heart rate).

Looking forward to getting it but know nothi about the watches Sally as they've never been on my radar until I was told I could potentially get one for free :D

So, any need to knows? Tips & tricks? Any good apps worth getting?

After buying my son an aluminum AW3 and being impressed with it, I caved and purchased a black stainless steel with Milanese loop for myself. I have a launch day silver stainless steel that I’ll be keeping and have to say the series 3 is a significant and worthwhile update if you have the original.

Hi @Mr X , I'm thinking of buying my first watch in 12 years. I'm really attracted to the black Milanese loop. How're you getting on with it? Will you recommend it?

Also, which size is better 38 or 42mm? I'm mostly looking for a black loop band with any of the watches.

Hi @Mr X , I'm thinking of buying my first watch in 12 years. I'm really attracted to the black Milanese loop. How're you getting on with it? Will you recommend it?

Also, which size is better 38 or 42mm? I'm mostly looking for a black loop band with any of the watches.

Personally I think the 42mm is the right size for a mans wrists. My wrists aren't that big but when I try on my wife 38 it just looks wrong.

I've never been a fan of the Milanese loop as I have the stainless steel link (on my original SS) which I love. However have to say I really like the look and practicality of the milanese now.

My only criticism would be that it can occasionally catch on hairs which the stainless steel never once has.

Overall I definitely recommend

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom