Apple Watch Series 3

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Discussion in here please.

Kieron

Distinguished Member
May as well get the ball rolling.

I’ve an original Apple Watch. To be honest it does everything I could want and has been my daily wearer since release. It’s water proof enough for me and I’m never without my phone so the S3 cellular version holds no interest.

All I use my Apple Watch for is text and email notifications and closing the fitness rings. Literally nothing else. It’s full of “Watch apps” but I don’t use any of them. Battery still more than a day.

I wouldn’t be without it now though and to think what my Planet Ocean cost me (which just sits in a drawer...”

Until Apple totally redesign the Watch I’ll stick with my original...

gg13533

I've got a series 2 and won't be upgrading - don't see the justification. Looking forward to the watch OS though

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
I must say, as a 'Series 0' owner I feel the same. I love my Apple Watch, but I see no real need to upgrade. Even if my Watch got lost or stolen, I think I would only get the Series 3 non cellular version.

Also, what's the red crown for? Is just a lame attempt to make it look different?

MarkR

I've got a series 1 Stainless steel (which I was going to get Gold Plated by a certain professional;) ) And it has served me perfectly. The only thing I need is GPS as I do a lot of sport but I refuse to pay the minimum of £649 for for the privilege!

As you can pair more than one Apple Watch to your iPhone what I have decided to do is just buy the Series 3 Nike Watch as can get from £359. Probably going to leave the Celluar version but am still on the fence.

MarkR

You think the series two will drop in price at all. I want one mainly for gps and running.

Looks like Apple have removed Series 2 and only options are Series 1 and Series 3. I bet they have done this as they know that if they kept Series 2 then most people would opt for that as it would have to be cheaper.

Im the same as you that I want it mainly for running. I have been close to buying the Garmin 235 but then thinking for an extra £100 I could have the latest Apple Nike Watch. Not to keen on the Celluar as the whole point in me doing running and other sports is to get away from work and not to be disturbed.

The Dark Horse

How does the cellular version work, do you need another SIM card and additional phone plan or does it share your existing phones data/text/voice allowance?

MarkR

How does the cellular version work, do you need another SIM card and additional phone plan or does it share your existing phones data/text/voice allowance?

Needs additional SIM which is even smaller than the iPhone's apparently. It shares the same number. EE haven't (to the best of my knowledge) released price details yet but looks like it could be £5 month.

iNspectorgadJet

Needs additional SIM which is even smaller than the iPhone's apparently. It shares the same number. EE haven't (to the best of my knowledge) released price details yet but looks like it could be £5 month.

It's not an actual sim that you can put in or remove...it's an 'e-sim' and it is built into the device. The providers that support it just link your contract to the sim number in the device.

boltlock

Distinguished Member
I don't really need another watch as I have both the series 0 and 2 but that grey ceramic one just looks so nice. I just don't think I have the willpower to stop myself from pushing the buy button lol. :laugh:

skyline65

I have a series 2 and it's been great. I would get the cellular as I want to leave my phone at home when I go to the gym etc. I don't really want to move provider and heard horror stories about EE. Doesn't BT own EE? If so does it work with BT as they have some good deals on sims at the moment.

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
I have a series 2 and it's been great. I would get the cellular as I want to leave my phone at home when I go to the gym etc. I don't really want to move provider and heard horror stories about EE. Doesn't BT own EE? If so does it work with BT as they have some good deals on sims at the moment.
It's exclusive to EE at the moment. Wait 6-12 months and it will be available on all carriers.

MarkR

Just had it confirmed with EE that it will be £5 per month if buying through Apple.

Not sure if I want celluar or not. What to do? what do?
IMG_9376.PNG

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
Order placed for 1st Watch in 20 years and it’s a Apple Watch [emoji355]️[emoji848]
IMG_0107.jpg

MarkR

I've caved and I've ordered the non celluar. I based this on the consideration that I have my phone with me 95 percent of the time so couldnt justify it. Also when I'm doing my sporty stuff I don't want to be disturbed so could see it be a hinderance rather than being convenient. I'm still going to keep my Stainless steel series 1 for work etc.....

Only negative it's not going to be delivered until the 5th October :/
IMG_9379.PNG

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
I've caved and I've ordered the non celluar. I based this on the consideration that I have my phone with me 95 percent of the time so couldnt justify it. Also when I'm doing my sporty stuff I don't want to be disturbed so could see it be a hinderance rather than being convenient. I'm still going to keep my Stainless steel series 1 for work etc.....

Only negative it's not going to be delivered until the 5th October :/
View attachment 910946

Well EE have exclusive deal for cellular version.
No other network is supporting yet.

I’m hoping all the other networks come on board in due course, I’m on three network so here’s hoping.

P.S can’t you collect from a Apple Store?

MarkR

Well EE have exclusive deal for cellular version.
No other network is supporting yet.

I’m hoping all the other networks come on board in due course, I’m on three network so here’s hoping.

P.S can’t you collect from a Apple Store?

The option for collecting from an Apple Store was greyed out and was not possible. Hoping that the delivery date will be brought forward a bit. Im still thinking have I done the right thing for not going for the cellular version, I think I have as otherwise I won't have any escape from my phone.

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
I have ordered it through EE this morning, it is £25/month for the watch (42mm) and unlimited data on it so good for streaming music. He didn't mention the £5/month option. I did order the watch from apple at 8am but cancelled it so hopefully will get the watch on release. I got it as I regularly cycle and will be easier to leave the iPhone at home as less likely to break it.
I'm just waiting to hear the prices for the x as I am due an upgrade.

PS: Does anyone have a link for a sticker to cover the red dot on the crown :D
Found them WatchDots™ – BLACK (3 sets)

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
I have ordered it through EE this morning, it is £25/month for the watch (42mm) and unlimited data on it so good for streaming music. He didn't mention the £5/month option. I did order the watch from apple at 8am but cancelled it so hopefully will get the watch on release. I got it as I regularly cycle and will be easier to leave the iPhone at home as less likely to break it.

Found them WatchDots[emoji769] – BLACK (3 sets)

Are you with EE already? Because if you are then it would off been extra £5 a month on your contract.
But means buying the watch from Apple or other sellers..!

MarkR

Found them WatchDots™ – BLACK (3 sets)

I was thinking about the red dot. Great link, thanks :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

dCS announces Bartók 2.0 firmware upgrade
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Audiovector unveils QR 7 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on UK streaming services for June 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG UltraGear Gaming Monitors get VESA certification