Apple Watch owners thread

Why are Series 5 prices not dropping much anywhere?
Costco have the 44mm for around £330, but the smaller one is still up at £385. That's the only real discount I can find anywhere

I’m guessing because demand is still high. The premium for the 6, IMO, is just not worth it so as when the 5 came out, people are still happy to pay higher prices for the 4 (whilst still cheaper than the 6).

5 is pretty much the same price as the 6. People can't still be buying it surely

Hi all. Does anyone wear a cheaper alternative to the Hermes leather Single Tour Black strap with deployment clasp?

I’m eyeing up my first 44mm Apple Watch and love this strap but I’m very reluctant to pay about £500 for it.

Last edited:
Hi all. Does anyone wear a cheaper alternative to the Hermes leather Single Tour Black strap with deployment clasp?

I’m eyeing up my first 44mm Apple Watch and love this strap but I’m very reluctant to pay about £500 for it.

Also seen this from a website called Mintapple never heard of the site. Looks a nice alternative to the Titanium band.

Also seen this from a website called Mintapple never heard of the site. Looks a nice alternative to the Titanium band.

id strongly recommend checking out used ones on ebay or similar. I picked up a genuine used Stainless band for £83 on ebay...and it arrived like new, just didn't have a box

Noticed in the last week that the battery in my Series 3 only just about lasts the day now. Previously it would only be down to half by the time I took it off to charge each night.

Can the batteries in these things be replaced and if so is it cost effective? Or should I just be looking to upgrade to a Series 6? Or a 5?

Noticed in the last week that the battery in my Series 3 only just about lasts the day now. Previously it would only be down to half by the time I took it off to charge each night.

Can the batteries in these things be replaced and if so is it cost effective? Or should I just be looking to upgrade to a Series 6? Or a 5?
batteries can be replaced but I'm not sure if its something Apple do....and if its third-party I'm not sure if they can guarantee its waterproof

Battery health is saying 100% still and I’ve not added any apps or anything that might be draining it quicker than before, so it’s a bit of a mystery. It’s gone from really good battery wear to bad, pretty much overnight.

I think I’ll just live with it for now until I decide whether to get a 5 or a 6.

Battery health is saying 100% still and I’ve not added any apps or anything that might be draining it quicker than before, so it’s a bit of a mystery. It’s gone from really good battery wear to bad, pretty much overnight.

I think I’ll just live with it for now until I decide whether to get a 5 or a 6.
have you recently done any updates? if so , give a hard reset a try as that can work wonders

Not since the last Watch Os update whenever that was. I’ll try a hard reset and see if that does anything.

Apple Watch Series 6, both 44mm & 40mm discounted on Costco. Get another £10 off these prices with code too.

7157BB21-7200-440F-A721-47F7C9B0FD42.jpeg

Is it worth paying the extra for a stainless steel case on the Series 6 when I’d have no intention of using the cellular feature?

Is it worth paying the extra for a stainless steel case on the Series 6 when I’d have no intention of using the cellular feature?
IMO it’s a more premium look, it’s weightier as well and of course you get Apples blend of sapphire Crystal meaning it’s much less likely to get scratched

I think if you’re the type who likea new watch every year the stainless is potentially a bit OTT. But every few years or so, I’ve had a 0 and a 4 so far, both have been stainless and both have looked like new after Ive given the case a couple of polishes over the years

IMO it’s a more premium look, it’s weightier as well and of course you get Apples blend of sapphire Crystal meaning it’s much less likely to get scratched

I think if you’re the type who likea new watch every year the stainless is potentially a bit OTT. But every few years or so, I’ve had a 0 and a 4 so far, both have been stainless and both have looked like new after Ive given the case a couple of polishes over the years

Thank you. I presume having the cellular version and not using it doesn’t effect any of the functionality?

Anyone with the graphite series 6 notice that there’s less straps that seem to go as well with it? I put on my black stainless steel link strap but can’t help noticing it doesn’t blend in as well as it did with the black SS series 4? Those with the graphite, which straps are you using?

Anyone with the graphite series 6 notice that there’s less straps that seem to go as well with it? I put on my black stainless steel link strap but can’t help noticing it doesn’t blend in as well as it did with the black SS series 4? Those with the graphite, which straps are you using?

How weird that there was me eyeing up an S6 with SS Graphite case to accompany the space black link bracelet 😂

You got a photo to show the contrast matey?

How weird that there was me eyeing up an S6 with SS Graphite case to accompany the space black link bracelet 😂

You got a photo to show the contrast matey?
Hard to get a good pic but here you are.

Attachments

• 3D27EA11-FAB3-4F6F-8933-55B7CD99845C.jpeg
    3D27EA11-FAB3-4F6F-8933-55B7CD99845C.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 224486EF-F919-4005-8E4F-05D42FC012F6.jpeg
    224486EF-F919-4005-8E4F-05D42FC012F6.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 51
have you recently done any updates? if so , give a hard reset a try as that can work wonders

Just to update this. I did a hard reset, or rather the battery ran down completely and it switched itself off.

Charged it for a bit and switched it back on and it’s been fine since. Back to around 50% battery use per day.

On the one hand that’s good, but on the other, I no longer have an excuse to buy a Series 6:laugh:

Just to update this. I did a hard reset, or rather the battery ran down completely and it switched itself off.

Charged it for a bit and switched it back on and it’s been fine since. Back to around 50% battery use per day.

On the one hand that’s good, but on the other, I no longer have an excuse to buy a Series 6:laugh:
I do apologise. Your wallet will thank me when you get a 7 next year instead

Last edited:
Am I missing something?

I bought my wife a cellular Apple Watch series 5 about a year ago but have only just moved from Sky to O2 to be able to use the cellular in the watch.

So I told her that she didnt need to have her phone with her to make and receive calls. However since signing up with O2 to use the function the watch goes dead flat in 6-8 hours. I read somewhere that the watch may be searching for a signal and to have the phone nearby.

If that is the case then what is the point of having a cellular watch in the first place?

She told me she wasn’t sure that her phone was charging properly on her stand so I put it on mine last night and checked that it was at 100% this morning. We was working on my sons new house build next door and her phone was left at home. It was put on at 7.30am and was flat by 1.30pm

I will try a hard reset of the watch tomorrow to see if it makes any difference but as I said if that doesn’t work I don’t see the point in having the capability.

Graham

Afternoon all. My watch will be arriving later today (6). I would like a second charger for the office. What are the best options? Apple? Which 3rd party chargers are decent?

Cheers

Anyone found any 3rd party straps that come in the medium length? I’m after a leather loop but everything on eBay seems to be one length, which I just know will be annoyingly long

try looking on AliExpress al the straps I bought from there could be ordered in size options....the ebay ones are only the same straps with a markup anyway

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom