Apple Watch owners thread

Really don’t like wearing a watch when I sleep, never have, so have been using Withings Sleep under the mattress which then syncs with Apple health so I always charge over night.
Yeah, I have the Withings mat also. I wonder how accurate it is? Keeps saying I have Sleep Apnea. Sometimes mild, sometimes moderate and sometimes severe? My girlfriend says I snore but just wonder how accurate it is....

I was going to try the new sleep monitor from Apple but all it does is time how long you’re in bed...May as well set a timer....

You may want to get yourself checked Dave just in case. I’ve never had any sleep apnea readings other than normal with my device. Better to be safe than sorry.

Finally Spotify will be able to be streamed directly from the watch for those with 4g. I’ll be able to leave the bulky phone at home when going for a run !
Currently in beta mode but will be rolled out shortly .

I just assumed the beta was only available to those on the phone beta which is always full

then today someone on an FB book said it was available to anyone with a cellular watch

so I gave it a go and boom. Works well.

08070229-550F-424E-804F-851F86E94028.png
1C99F17A-6DA2-4D3E-82F5-9A4CE96B7070.png
813F9325-B5A4-49F8-9171-05E0DC697B6C.png
6AA5248D-E0B7-443A-A62C-A72128261D77.png
7C4AD08C-A0C6-44F7-9C58-22A14FD407A6.png

Works really well, no lag at all. Exactly how it should have worked for ages now

How fragile are the screens? Had my SE 5 days, took off my jacket before getting into the car, the strap opened up and the watch hit the floor. Smashed to smithereens. No Apple care etc so down £269 in less than a week.

How fragile are the screens? Had my SE 5 days, took off my jacket before getting into the car, the strap opened up and the watch hit the floor. Smashed to smithereens. No Apple care etc so down £269 in less than a week.

Sorry to hear that @Beancounter, not sure about the SE screens.

I have always got the stainless steel versions, which has a really strong screen. I have dropped mine a number of times from waist height onto various hard floors, with no issues.

I have always got the stainless steel versions, which has a really strong screen. I have dropped mine a number of times from waist height onto various hard floors, with no issues.
i think people need to think of Apple watches as mini iPhones....and one of them falling face down on the floor would also be in a pretty poor state even a stainless watch face will take a beating from a big drop. Sapphire screens are more scratch-resistant but more prone to cracking.shattering

i think people need to think of Apple watches as mini iPhones....and one of them falling face down on the floor would also be in a pretty poor state even a stainless watch face will take a beating from a big drop. Sapphire screens are more scratch-resistant but more prone to cracking.shattering

Considering the drop was from about 5 feet I was shocked it ended up in that state. The screen protector I put on it was certainly no use whatsoever.

The irony is the assistant at Argos was insistent I should consider insurance on it. I declined. Bad decision. Rest assured any replacement will have Applecare purchased.

Last edited:
Is it not covered on your household contents insurance?

Considering the drop was from about 5 feet I was shocked it ended up in that state. The screen protector I put on it was certainly no use whatsoever.

The irony is the assistant at Argos was insistent I should consider insurance on it. I declined. Bad decision. Rest assured any replacement will have Applecare purchased.
For what it’s worth, most watches (not GShock styles) wouldn’t fare too well when being dropped from 5 foot onto a hard surface
A mate of mine dropped his Rolex bro the hard gym floor in the chaginibg room and the screen cracked and that really wasn’t cheap

For what it’s worth, most watches (not GShock styles) wouldn’t fare too well when being dropped from 5 foot onto a hard surface
A mate of mine dropped his Rolex bro the hard gym floor in the chaginibg room and the screen cracked and that really wasn’t cheap

I guess so. Dropping a Rolex would be a sore one to handle! im blaming the sports strap as it caught on the sleeve of the jacket and unfastened.

Sadly not, we don’t have cover for items outside the home.
You mean you took off your jacket just after entering the house surely? ;)

(I do not condone insurance fraud of any kind)

Well not being able to switch off headphone notification is a right pain in the arse. Keeps messing with my volume. I'll decide how loud I like it thanks Apple.

Well not being able to switch off headphone notification is a right pain in the arse. Keeps messing with my volume. I'll decide how loud I like it thanks Apple.

Don't believe it's Apples fault in this case, the option to remove notifications is available only in regions that allow it.

But it's their OS, so surely they can decide whether to include the option or not?
According to their website the ability to turn the notifications off is only available in regions / countries where allowed (or words to that effect)

I had that today for the first time. Wondered what the hell was happening as my watch was under my jacket as I was running.

So was I hence the PITA as the watch was locked due to the rain.
for me i was only listening to a podcast as well so it was just the level that was the issue as opposed to how loud it actually was....AND it was comparing the volume to how I've had it recently

Just trying to figure out if it’s worth trading in my old series 2 towards an SE for my wife. I’ve done the online quote thing, says £55. Do they just ask for the watch and strap when you send it in, or are they expecting the charger and maybe box too?

If I get to keep the charger it’s probably worth trading in as appears to selling with a charger

Just trying to figure out if it’s worth trading in my old series 2 towards an SE for my wife. I’ve done the online quote thing, says £55. Do they just ask for the watch and strap when you send it in, or are they expecting the charger and maybe box too?

If I get to keep the charger it’s probably worth trading in as appears to selling with a charger
My trade-in experience with apple (retail store) when buying the series 6 - they didn't want the charger, or even the strap.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom