Apple Watch owners thread

My wife is mix and matching her straps. I personally like this combo.

E6E6B55B-CBEA-4624-847A-16B630BFD930.jpeg

I have an Apple Watch series 3
Can anyone tell me exactly what new things I will have available if I upgrade ?

how does the blood oxygen thing work ? Can it detect things such as symptoms on anemia etc ?

I have an Apple Watch series 3
Can anyone tell me exactly what new things I will have available if I upgrade ?

how does the blood oxygen thing work ? Can it detect things such as symptoms on anemia etc ?

Has the fitness app changed so it no longer gives you a whole month view of circles?
no, it still works, open fitness...top summary and then tap calendar icon at the top

I still don't see this, despite now running the latest iOS and having a Series 6 watch?

Can you post a screenshot?

I still don't see this, despite now running the latest iOS and having a Series 6 watch?

Can you post a screenshot?
D11D1281-3324-4B09-A3FD-7ACE84E0C731.jpeg

CFFC8ADF-6581-4E71-B1CA-7728CCE90019.png

I am after a milanese loop for a 44mm series 4

the Apple one is lovely, but expensive. I’ve had cheap milanese bands for a Fitbit in the past but quality was a bit rubbish

is there something in between? (Almost) As nice as the Apple but without the cost 😊

Wow! Good on you @jouster - I wish my month looked as healthy at that!
Still running then?
Yup. Still doing something every day. 5K run weekdays and cycling and walking at weekends

must admit I’ve dropped my stand hours to 6 as whilst working it just doesn’t suit getting up once an hour. That said I often hit 10 anyway.

in fact just back from today's run (before work)...5k 22.05, that plus the school run, exercise ring closed.....

Since I started working again, my move and stand hours haven’t been a problem for me at all (I’m on my feet constantly at work), but my old Apple Watch 2 wasn’t registering much in the way of exercise minutes while at work.

Since upgrading to the 6 and shifting my 4 onto work duty, it is far more accurate at realising I’m being active and across the morning part of my shift (midnight to 6am) it now consistently registers around 30 to 40 minutes of activity (it’s a lot of stop start movement).

While I haven’t updated from the basic 30 minutes, I’m now consistently hitting my 600 active calorie target (a lot of the time hitting between 800 and 1100), between 60 and 90 minutes a day of exercise minutes and anywhere from 14 to 20 hours of stands. May need to adjust my goals.

Last edited:
Hi

considering the series 6 cellular. Had a 2 or 3 (can't remember) a couple of years ago. My only gripe with these watches is the terrible battery life, is it any better now, what's the battery health like if charged daily?
Starting to get back out for runs and I need a good Stand-alone device.
Is the Titanium worth the extra dollar?
Edited to add, is there an extra charge to use Cellular (on EE), or simply toggle on?

Hi

considering the series 6 cellular. Had a 2 or 3 (can't remember) a couple of years ago. My only gripe with these watches is the terrible battery life, is it any better now, what's the battery health like if charged daily?
Edited to add, is there an extra charge to use Cellular (on EE), or simply toggle on?

They still require charging every night if you're pretty active.
I charge mine every night, and my series 4 which was purchased on 28th November 2018 is at 94% battery health

Hi

My 4 is going strong at 87% battery health I run/train daily with my cellular model and its all good...always charge it overnight so batter life isn't really an issue for me unless doing a 3+ hour activity without my phone

I Think charge is £7 a month now for the cellular phone plan....that's on top of your current phone plan and must be with the same provider as your phone

My 4 is going strong at 87% battery health I run/train daily with my cellular model and its all good...always charge it overnight so batter life isn't really an issue for me unless doing a 3+ hour activity without my phone

I Think charge is £7 a month now for the cellular phone plan....that's on top of your current phone plan and must be with the same provider as your phone
I didn't even know I could see my watch battery health. Mine's also a 4 and I've worn it everyday since release, with daily workouts, and I'm pleased to say the battery health is at 91%.

Unlike my iPhone X which is showing "Service". :(

Oh I see, in that case, I may buy it from EE on a contract

Currently using the Huawei GT2, almost 2 weeks of battery life! But sadly not standalone or the best watch to use with an iPhone

Thanks for the replies :smashin:

Bought a 44mm S6 (Space Grey Aluminium, Black Sport Band) last Tuesday as an upgrade over a S4. Tried the new blood oxygen measurement feature. Really not fussed about it. Happy with my S4 so I'm selling my S6 in the trading section if anyone is interested.

Bought a 44mm S6 (Space Grey Aluminium, Black Sport Band) last Tuesday as an upgrade over a S4. Tried the new blood oxygen measurement feature. Really not fussed about it. Happy with my S4 so I'm selling my S6 in the trading section if anyone is interested.
Haven’t you got 14 days to return it ?

Haven’t you got 14 days to return it ?

I bought from Argos - at the time I looked, delivery for the exact one I was after was something like a week from Apple and nearest store for collection was an hour or so away. I need to learn to be more patient.

Last edited:
If anyone is still interest in a bargain, I'm still selling my Series 6 44mm Space Grey w/ black sport band in the classifieds section. Only worn for a few hours and has been back in the box ever since.

I’m curious; When do you guys charge your Apple Watch? I used to charge mine overnight to start the day with a fresh charge but recently have been trying out the sleep app so it makes it a little different. Like charging up an hour before bed or during the day when in the shower or when watching TV... What do you do?

I’m curious; When do you guys charge your Apple Watch? I used to charge mine overnight to start the day with a fresh charge but recently have been trying out the sleep app so it makes it a little different. Like charging up an hour before bed or during the day when in the shower or when watching TV... What do you do?
Really don’t like wearing a watch when I sleep, never have, so have been using Withings Sleep under the mattress which then syncs with Apple health so I always charge over night.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom