Apple Watch owners thread

Has the fitness app changed so it no longer gives you a whole month view of circles?

I am still using a gen 3 watch.
Am I strictly limited to the faces on the app ?

I want something that has the time, front and centre quite big
Then the date wither above or below, again, quite big and clear and maybe one or two complications.

closest is “modular” but date is small if not in middle

Has the fitness app changed so it no longer gives you a whole month view of circles?
no, it still works, open fitness...top summary and then tap calendar icon at the top

I am still using a gen 3 watch.
Am I strictly limited to the faces on the app ?

I want something that has the time, front and centre quite big
Then the date wither above or below, again, quite big and clear and maybe one or two complications.

closest is “modular” but date is small if not in middle
Take a look at Clockcology in the appstore...its unofficial 3rd party faces and not exactly how apple does it but it works and they are great for creating modular style faces and there's a Facebook group with lots of ones that people have created to download

Just arrived - Schrödinger's watch!
8675270C-556C-41D5-B448-D53F8CE45861.jpeg

Anyone update to wearOS 7.0.1 on a series 3 from WearOS 6.x?

Mines been sat on preparing for about 40 minutes now with no sign of anything further happening, have shut down and reopened the app, doesn't appear to have crashed, any experience of how long it should take?

I went for a new Watch having had my series 4 for two years - the always-on display is a nice upgrade and my one will get handed-down now.

The animations when transitioning between things is so smooth now, even coming from the 4. The new loop bands are incredibly comfy - I think the braided one is my new favourite band. I've had no issues with sizing using the paper tool either. The sizing also came up the same when I popped in to the local store to try some on.

@RetroGlide08 @Inked I switched to the aluminium ones with the 4 after having three stainless steel ones as I didn't like the micro-scratches it seemed to pick up. Which is like any s/steel watch over time I guess. Disappointing if the DLC is getting scuffed really easily though.

@RetroGlide08 @Inked I switched to the aluminium ones with the 4 after having three stainless steel ones as I didn't like the micro-scratches it seemed to pick up. Which is like any s/steel watch over time I guess. Disappointing if the DLC is getting scuffed really easily though.

I don’t mind micro scratches in the SS as they can easily be polished out with a cape cop cloth (and aren’t very noticeable anyway) the DLC coating if damaged is far more bothersome unfortunately.

I went for a new Watch having had my series 4 for two years - the always-on display is a nice upgrade and my one will get handed-down now.

The animations when transitioning between things is so smooth now, even coming from the 4. The new loop bands are incredibly comfy - I think the braided one is my new favourite band. I've had no issues with sizing using the paper tool either. The sizing also came up the same when I popped in to the local store to try some on.

Paper tool didn't work for me in store. Whatever number they gave me, when I tried on the band it was a little too big. I quite liked the band themselves but found it a pain pulling over the hand to get on/off

Opened the AW6 but not opened the Milanese loop as I may sell that on (should have just ordered with a sport band instead TBH)
The graphite colour is really nice in hand.

0217F282-8DD3-43B2-9939-683A268E68D1.jpeg
AE76E2DE-B21D-41ED-BE23-ACB1F39C6824.jpeg
4E2E9818-15A4-428B-8AC2-6EB3D6B6BF39.jpeg

Last edited:

I really don’t know what to do. The Graphite black finish is gorgeous and I have a leather loop band for it too. I’ve also contemplated the natural Ti version and also space grey aluminium. There’s a lot of confusion regarding what the actual coating on the Milanese loop is.

Yup! Others have the same issue over on macrumors too.
Nice. Apple not ally get things so right that when things Los this are wrong you do wonder how it happens.

Apple watch newbie here. Just ordered the new 6. Looking for recommendations for 3rd party accessories vendors.
Don’t mind paying Apple prices if they are more reliable but would like to hear your experience.
Cheers.

@jouster is your man for straps (AliExpress)
AliExpress. I’ve certainly never had a bad strap from them. Just go for a store with good feedback and remember to keep an eye on the postage costs as some take the mick a little.

AliExpress. I’ve certainly never had a bad strap from them. Just go for a store with good feedback and remember to keep an eye on the postage costs as some take the mick a little.
Have you got the knockoff pride edition Nike band?

Have you got the knockoff pride edition Nike band?

I have the white Nike version AND the rainbow-coloured strap. The only thing I'd say about the rainbow strap is it is the stiffest strap I've ever used and its a little bit of a pain to put on and take-off of the watch

Now fancy the black Nike Pride one as well but will wait till some of the loops become more available and more sensibly priced

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom