Apple Watch owners thread

Hi All,

This may seem like a stupid question but can an AW be worn on the inside of one's wrist and still retain functionality?

P
yes you can (just tried in on the inside of my wrist and it takes heart reading just fine)

if it can do that it should do everything else just fine

Anyone planning to buy from thewatchstrapco.uk beware
Bought a metal link bracelet that had small scratches. Chatted with them online and returned it next morning as advised. Took the 3 weeks before declining to refund it. Some BS about opened package.

Clearly they don’t understand the law regarding online purchases so I managed to get my money back easily

I would advise others to be very careful with these shysters

First third of a new strap order arrived today (shipped from China over Christmas in 9 days 👍🏼)

3 leather loops and a “fill your rings” sports loop

BBE4FBB1-F9EB-4113-B0BB-642EB319BCD6.jpeg

Just waiting for a more sports bands to arrive now

My wife got an Apple Watch 3 for xmas.

We're doing OK setting it up but being driven mad by the constant popping up of "not playing", which appears to be music controls. We've removed it from the dock and also slid a switch to apparently remove it from the wake screen, but it's always the first thing there. We've rebooted and reset, and it's still there. This despite having no music on her watch or phone.

Is there a way to remove it once and for all?

Hi folks, purchased a 44mm series 4 to replace my 42mm series 2.

any recommendations for a screen protector for it?

Also looking recommendations on good quality 3rd party sports loops straps

Regards

Mark

Wife has the Samsung active 2.
Really impressed with it and it gives the series 5 a good run for the money.
If I was on android I’d definitely get one and I don’t think you’re missing anything.

Last edited:
Balance of the recent strap order has arrived

936DFD20-F29A-4AFD-8380-95AD44B649FB.jpeg

And the “out of packet” pics

03E5F0D9-974C-4027-94DF-8544BC7A40F1.jpeg
EFF2DF6A-2BAD-4378-9B62-6E564A3ACB38.jpeg

They've been perfect. Wearing one right now as I workout.

I've been wearing only the new ones since they've arrived
91518EBD-1948-421C-BBD5-A37AA9F46E6D.jpeg

This is my second largish order and all of them have been perfect. To be fair they've actually been better than any I've got from Amazon costing far more.

Last edited:
New strap let’s see how it goes, £17 I’m not holding out to much...

Attachments

• 7C520BE5-4A6F-443E-92C0-34F1E1230356.jpeg
    7C520BE5-4A6F-443E-92C0-34F1E1230356.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 54

View attachment 1244666

What’s the wait time for delivery? Might give them ago but need one before Thursday so may have left it too late.

I've had orders arrive in 8 days at the shortest...I think anything quicker than that is unlikely considering its coming from China

They were all from AliExpress.

Recently bought a series 4 44mm from CEX, Watch is fine but the screen is a bit scratched up,to be expected as it was listed as a grade C.
I’m reluctant to try and polish them out as I’ve heard the coating can be removed in the process. So I was wondering how difficult it would be to remove and replace the screen on my own.. Any idea where I could buy a new screen ?
Thanks
Ian

I’ll put it politely, it’s not, they have to replace the whole unit!

Smashed mine and had to get the unit replaced by insurance as it was £300 ish

it IS doable...plenty of youtube videos showing as much...but it looks like a really fiddly job that could toast your watch altogether if you're not careful...to be honest, you'd probably be better off taking it back to CEX for a refund or credit note and buy another one online elsewhere...probably save you a lot of time, effort and money (in the long run)

Thanks for the replies,it was a really good price for the 44 mm with celullar.
So I’m reluctant to give it back.. To be honest the scratches don’t reall bother me their not visible when the Watch is on,will probably stick with it for the time being
Regards
Ian

Some people have reported that the screen protectors you apply can cover up scratches somewhat. Won’t hurt to give them a try I guess. Not sure which ones though

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom