Apple Watch owners thread

It does it in between chat on Walkie Talkie but haven’t noticed it on calls, not that I usenet for that much. I usually put it on hold before answering on the phone

Sorry, yes forgot to mention it was only on WalkieTalkie, glad we are not the only ones then :(

Does anyone really use Walkie Talkie much? I’ve only ever used it to send profanity to my mate, hoping he’s in a meeting or similar. :laugh:

that's the exact reason I don’t use it with anyone other than the wife

It was annoying enough being sent crudely drawn penis pics on the watch when it first came out

Last edited:

Ive found the quality of the straps here to be top notch. I’ve ordered the equivalent version of Apples Milanese loop and the link bracelet and they are genuinely superb

Thanks for sharing this. Purchased a sports band from them and very happy with the ordering process with Apple Pay, the delivery time and finally and most importantly the quality of the strap.

Having been brought various straps by people as gifts from some of the “premium” watch strap companies, I can honestly say I can say I don’t see much (if any at all) difference between the sports bands, sports loops and leather loops.

appreciate the Milanese bands could be a bit better though as some of the knockoffs are pretty awful but the wife got a third party one from Amazon for around £8 and it’s been perfect with zero magnet issues or anything like that.

whilst were on the subject of straps. I’verecently seen a few sales auction on eBay for what look like genuine Apple Watch stainless steel link bracelets for around £60

all the pictures look good and it has the marking I’d expect on a genuine strap (having one myself). Interesting to know what others think.

link is here

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Just out of curiosity what watch is everyone rocking?

I’ve got a S4 silver aluminium nike edition 44mm

Also how many have got cellular version and is that a feature you use?

I’m a year into my stainless steel 44mm AW4 and loving it. Took the 6 months free cellular plan to try things out and have carried on with the £5 a month for it as it’s handy to be able to go out without the watch on occasion, not every day though.

This is my third watch. Had an original 0 (which Apple recently replaced with a new AW2SS). Then picked up a AW3 Nike cellular when they were super cheap a year ago on the Nike sale.

Then the 4 came a few months later.

had no inclination to upgrade to the 5 prior to or after the announcement but looking forward to what the 6 brings.
I can see the watch becoming more like the phones with smaller and smaller incremental updates all time. The 4 is going to be hard to improve upon in a large way in my opinion

Very similar experience to @jouster SS S4 for the past year with no plan to upgrade until S6.
Wanted cellular for running with Apple Music (I'm now in month 13 of free Apple Music through EE too as they keep offering me more across our two phone plans, so never really use any of the data on my watch as it’s included with the music)

Have also owned the original AW Space Black Stainless, then a S2 and and S3 Nike aluminium versions (S2 is still in use for Sleep tracking / gardening / DIY etc)

Same here will be skipping the 5 and see what the 6 offers.

I did stop my cellular plan but added it again when I swapped phones recently and needed phone calls on it. Only gripe that I use to pay EE £5 but they seem to have put it up to £7.

Now that o2 finally offer eSIM, I may be tempted back in December as find there 4g coverage was better for me.

I did stop my cellular plan but added it again when I swapped phones recently and needed phone calls on it. Only gripe that I use to pay EE £5 but they seem to have put it up to £7.

Now that o2 finally offer eSIM, I may be tempted back in December as find there 4g coverage was better for me.
I think the prices have gone up to £7 with all providers. If I can continue at £5 a month I will but if they put it up I’ll cancel.

Vodafone did the same with me. I cancelled, changed my mind but they said it's now £7! Only way around it was to give me 20% off my sim only plan so I'm paying the same but, and I'm not great at maths, I'm sure I'll be paying extra in the long run....

How do your find cellar plans so cheap?

I’m with three but debating moving to EE or Vodafone I think, however their plans seem to be £27 a month?

How do your find cellar plans so cheap?

I’m with three but debating moving to EE or Vodafone I think, however their plans seem to be £27 a month?
That most be for buying the watch as well, surely?

I just upgraded my series 3 aluminium 42mm non cellular to a a cellular series 5. Looked at the prices as I always wanted a SS but the overall cost was a bit much for me. Im with O2 and I looked at the price difference and they wanted £20 upfront cost, £20.41 a month with unlimited everything, the SS was £25.80 with sport band. I went with SS 44mm space black with sport band and have to say its amazing I do like the cellular as I sometimes leave my phone in my office and have to work outside for a few hours and its nice as I carry so much equipment its nice to leave phone behind. also invested in genuine leather loop in black for nice occasions.

Thinking of upgrading my wife's FitBit. Is it worth getting an Apple Watch Series 3 in 2019 for a non "power user"? She will mostly use it to not miss messages or calls.

Thinking of upgrading my wife's FitBit. Is it worth getting an Apple Watch Series 3 in 2019 for a non "power user"? She will mostly use it to not miss messages or calls.

The s3 is still a very capable watch... it has just been overshadowed by the 4 and 5 which look more 'premium' with the larger face.

Coming from a Fitbit, the Apple Watch will feel like day and night, just remember it requires an Apple iPhone....it will do most things with ease and is still plenty quick enough for most users.....my wife has no issues with hers and gets lots of use from it and has no inclination to upgrade it yet

I’ve had a 3 for around 18 months. My first Apple Watch, so nothing to compare it to.

Works great, doesn’t seem noticeably slow or anything, does pretty much everythingI need it to.

Last question, promise. So I got the wife an AW3. She wasn't happy I bought it (too expensive) but she does love it, women ay :p

Anyway, been looking on the Bay at straps as she's not keen on the rubber one that came with it. How are peoples experiences with the £4.99 straps from good ol' China? Any good or not worth the hassle?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom