Apple Watch owners thread

Hi all

Recent watch iOS update has made a vast improvement to my battery life.
From 6am till about 7pm I was still showing 70%..!
Which is on par with my AW4 battery life.!
:clap:

as I’m having zero issues with my watch at the moment (other than Mickey/Minnie not speaking, I was going to hold off

good to know it’s not having any negative impact though

There's no place for Micky or Minnie on my watch. Buzz and Woody can also do one. 😏

Totally agree...I think I put them all on once for the kids to see and then they were banished....Quite shocked how many were having kittens about losing the voices.

Done the update, lost 5% before I'd even left the house, something defo not right.

Also switching from Series 4 to 5 (bust the watch) has made me lose all of my activity in the activity app from November to July :(

Done the update, lost 5% before I'd even left the house, something defo not right.

Also switching from Series 4 to 5 (bust the watch) has made me lose all of my activity in the activity app from November to July :(
Adding a new watch to your phone shouldn’t have lost health data.

Adding a new watch to your phone shouldn’t have lost health data.

Maybe he removed one watch before adding the next....

I've certainly not lost any data over 4 years of watch ownership, but I've always had both watches connected to the phone at the same time..

Should I have the old one still in the watch app?

I've still got the watch, just a smashed screen and it was £338 for a new screen so I thought a series5 might be a better option!

Maybe he removed one watch before adding the next....

I've certainly not lost any data over 4 years of watch ownership, but I've always had both watches connected to the phone at the same time..
Shouldn’t make any difference, removing the watch automatically creates a backup which you can then restore from.

But even if you don’t, you’d generally need to go into health and manually delete the watch from “sources” for the data to just disappear from the phone as the data is stored in the health app and syncs via iCloud.

Should I have the old one still in the watch app?

I've still got the watch, just a smashed screen and it was £338 for a new screen so I thought a series5 might be a better option!
Is health data turned on under iCloud sync? Did the new watch not give you the option to restore from backup when you hooked it up to the phone?

I’m struggling to see how you’d have lost the data without manually deleting it. (Changing phones is another matter as data can easily be lost if the correct backup/restore steps aren’t taken)

I’d say this has something to do with it, I did upgrade to an 11 Pro the day before but everything else went over fine (I normally upgrade every year) so familiar with the process.

Attachments

• 11007345-AD72-4F7D-99AA-B2B89FAFD143.jpeg
    11007345-AD72-4F7D-99AA-B2B89FAFD143.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 40
And this in my activity shows that the data is kind of there still to an extent

Attachments

• 259EABD2-55D7-4B12-AD1D-9E2E940C3EE6.png
    259EABD2-55D7-4B12-AD1D-9E2E940C3EE6.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
Wouldn’t worry about the amount of sources you have (mine is worse) - just don’t delete them!!

A5F15947-52BC-4E57-9430-4F01A704029A.png

Doesn’t look like you’ve lost the data as the exercise green dot is there. Looks like it is stuck mid sync (I recently had the same issue due to switching my wife from her X down to a much smaller capacity iPhone 6). It can take an absolute age to sync across!
It may be worth flipping the health tab off and on again in iCloud settings

E4A3CDE6-6F6E-4502-A0BF-533CD52DD6A0.jpeg

Last edited:
as I’m having zero issues with my watch at the moment (other than Mickey/Minnie not speaking, I was going to hold off

good to know it’s not having any negative impact though
You’ll be pleased to know that they fixed this in the latest release this week 👍🏽

You’ll be pleased to know that they fixed this in the latest release this week 👍🏽

yes, I knew 6.01 fixed that...but as stated...I have no other issues so if it's not broken....

with regards to losing workout data...if changing phone as well I believe you need to do an encrypted backup to keep all health data intact...that said I also have a number of watches showing in the data collection section....

yes, I knew 6.01 fixed that...but as stated...I have no other issues so if it's not broken....

with regards to losing workout data...if changing phone as well I believe you need to do an encrypted backup to keep all health data intact...that said I also have a number of watches showing in the data collection section....

iCloud backups are already encrypted and include health data. If backing up via iTunes,then yes, you would need to turn on backup encryption so that it includes the data.

iCloud backups are already encrypted and include health data. If backing up via iTunes,then yes, you would need to turn on backup encryption so that it includes the data.

i don't use icloud backups...prefer to have it locally...but good to know

Ah I did it in iTunes and the phone has since gone.

Looking at my data too, it cuts out from July then I've got ones with the green dots but no data showing.

Is there anyway around it or is it lost now? Pretty rubbish if so as it's lost all my averages too!

I’m afraid if you don’t have an encrypted backup to restore from then the data is gone.
Same thing happened to me in July last year, and I have no activity before then even though I’ve had an Apple Watch since series 0. Have had to earn all my awards all over again.

I would definitely recommend moving to iCloud backups, but if not, definitely take your time when changing watch / iPhone and make sure you encrypt all iTunes backups moving forward.

Thanks all, how rubbish!

No improvement on battery life either - Sat at my desk, had about 20 whatsapp messages come through since 9am and I've lost 16%.

My S4 wouldn't be lower than 90 by now, just odd!

My battery seems to be doing OK... currently at 89% since leaving the charger at around 6.45 this morning.

Thanks all, how rubbish!

No improvement on battery life either - Sat at my desk, had about 20 whatsapp messages come through since 9am and I've lost 16%.

My S4 wouldn't be lower than 90 by now, just odd!

I know everyone'ss use case will be minutely different but I can only see that the AOD does have an adverse effect, even if only slight, on battery life....

Im reading online, mainly reddit, that people are getting great battery life BUT to do so they are disabling raise to wake so they have to tap the watch face to see the full-blown bright screen.

In my honest opinion this is taking away part of the beauty of the Apple watch and how it functions under normal usage...maybe its just me....in truth, as long as it lasts from when people wake up to when they go to bed, it should be more than good enough (I appreciate some people like to track sleep).....I don't think the battery life is affecting everyone but its certainly enough to be making headlines on various tech sites

Hopefully, it's either something that further updates sort or the 5 could be a bit of a let down...which is unusual for Apple

I returned my S5 yesterday and am sticking with the S4 for another year.
Battery life was considerably worse with the S5. As I only upgraded for the always on feature and the expectation that battery life was probably better, having to disable always on to get the same battery life as S4 seemed utterly pointless, especially as the rest of the S5 is identical!

Is anyone finding the speaker on the Apple Watch Series 4 (latest os) hissing when speaking with someone else?

Is anyone finding the speaker on the Apple Watch Series 4 (latest os) hissing when speaking with someone else?
It does it in between chat on Walkie Talkie but haven’t noticed it on calls, not that I usenet for that much. I usually put it on hold before answering on the phone

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom