Apple Watch owners thread

Still having the “stuck on 99%” battery thing. Downloaded 5.1.2 and last night it was stuck at 99% for 20 minutes. Took it off charge, put straight back on and it popped up to 100% within a couple of seconds! Madness....

Something I've noticed about the 5.1.2 update. if you customise the infographic watch face on the watch, you can add the message and mail complication. If you try and do the same using the watch app, the message/mail complication is not available for the infographic face and you end up with 2 blank complication spaces on the watch. Weird.

Still having the “stuck on 99%” battery thing. Downloaded 5.1.2 and last night it was stuck at 99% for 20 minutes. Took it off charge, put straight back on and it popped up to 100% within a couple of seconds! Madness....
Did and soft reset and seems to of fixed it. Although it did jump fro 98 to 100 but can’t complain about that!

Can anyone recommend a decent copy Space Black Milanese band ? For example from Amazon UK. Baulking at paying £149 for the Apple one.
Cheers

Just dived in and got a series 4 44mm, paranoid about scratching the screen after scuffing my standard watch for the last 3/4 years - any out there which don't look ugly and case like? thinking more along the lines of a screen protector if anyone can recommend one?

Just dived in and got a series 4 44mm, paranoid about scratching the screen after scuffing my standard watch for the last 3/4 years - any out there which don't look ugly and case like? thinking more along the lines of a screen protector if anyone can recommend one?
I wished I had done this.

3 years I owned my Series 0, black SS and not a mark. 3 weeks with my series 4 space grey aluminium and I have a big diagonal scuff right across the screen. I've still no idea how it happened. A straight scuff across the screen I could understand, possibly caught a door, or a wall. But a diagonal scratch, from corner to corner, not a clue :mad:

Looking to upgrade my S1 for an S4 maybe after Xmas especially as I’ve started swimming again and would like to use it for that

What S4 has everyone gone for? I’m debating the Silver Nike Nylon version

I went for the SS this time. Have always had either Space Black or Grey in the past so took a bit of getting used to how shiny it is, but I love the way it looks now.

Yeah I always have SPace Grey iPhones, watches, iPads but want to give the silver/white ones a go starting with the watch

Space grey everything for me usually but I went for the silver Nike Series 4 with the white strap and really like how it looks

Yeah I always have SPace Grey iPhones, watches, iPads but want to give the silver/white ones a go starting with the watch

I was ready to stump up for a white ceramic this year so was a bit let down when they didn’t release one. Have gone silver/white for the XS (with white silicone case) but stuck with Space grey for the iPad (with white folio case)

I was ready to stump up for a white ceramic this year so was a bit let down when they didn’t release one. Have gone silver/white for the XS (with white silicone case) but stuck with Space grey for the iPad (with white folio case)
I’m kind of tempted to pic up a s3 white ceramic in the new year. Really like how they look and s3 still has a lot of great use.

2DFB2BF0-A372-4B1D-BCD1-945D8411D03F.png
I have updated to 5.1.2 but not seeing these new message complications ? What am I missing ? When I look at the new watch face there is no message complication shown

Not sure, are up to date on iOS too? Message complication shows fine for me:

upload_2018-12-12_6-12-48.png

Ah that could be it , I thought I had already carried out the iOS update but apparently not

Well after 30ish years with o2 since they were Cellnet, I finally had enough of waiting nearly 2 years for Apple Watch support and joined EE yesterday(£16pm for 30GB and BT Sport)

eSim arrived at next day and was an absolute breeze just to scan the QR into my Max and up and ruling in minutes.

One good thing about porting now is that I have both lines connected at the same time until the o2 number drops.

I was advised to wait until my number ports which should be tomorrow, before I set up my Apple Watch plan.

Hopefully this will be nice and easy as well. I've been told to unpair the phone and then pair it again once my number has ported. Anyone know if that sounds right?

Well after 30ish years with o2 since they were Cellnet, I finally had enough of waiting nearly 2 years for Apple Watch support and joined EE yesterday(£16pm for 30GB and BT Sport)

eSim arrived at next day and was an absolute breeze just to scan the QR into my Max and up and ruling in minutes.

One good thing about porting now is that I have both lines connected at the same time until the o2 number drops.

I was advised to wait until my number ports which should be tomorrow, before I set up my Apple Watch plan.

Hopefully this will be nice and easy as well. I've been told to unpair the phone and then pair it again once my number has ported. Anyone know if that sounds right?
Hi

I jumped to EE after 8 years with Three.
Switched my mobile and added watch support for a extra £5 a month.

It took me a few attempts to get my Data plan activated on my Apple Watch.

I unpaired and re-paired at least 4 times, also a 30min call to EE Technical as it didn’t work.
Eventually I got there but took best part of half a day to get going.

Considering moving from 3 to EE as just got a cellular Series 4. How did you go about getting the £16 deal - over the phone with them or online somewhere ?

Hi

I jumped to EE after 8 years with Three.
Switched my mobile and added watch support for a extra £5 a month.

It took me a few attempts to get my Data plan activated on my Apple Watch.

I unpaired and re-paired at least 4 times, also a 30min call to EE Technical as it didn’t work.
Eventually I got there but took best part of half a day to get going.

Oh well fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Considering moving from 3 to EE as just got a cellular Series 4. How did you go about getting the £16 deal - over the phone with them or online somewhere ?

I think it’s a business offer

Yeah sorry should have said I'm a small business user so its £16 plus vat for 30GB and sports.
Nearest offer on personal tariff is currently £20 for 20GB with Apple Music and Sports. If you purchase through Quidco you can get another £35-£50 cashback too.

Number ported early this morning and Pairing the Apple Watch the new eSim in the iPhone was also a doddle, all working fine. Should have moved from o2 ages ago!

Nice workout in the gym today with just the watch and some BT headphones :)

Number ported early this morning and Pairing the Apple Watch the new eSim in the iPhone was also a doddle, all working fine. Should have moved from o2 ages ago!

Nice workout in the gym today with just the watch and some BT headphones :)
Do you set up the cellular service over 3/4G or can you do it over wifi ? Sorry for all the questions but thinking of moving from Three to EE.

Not sure whether it used my wifi connection or data to set up if I'm honest.

Unpaired the watch with my iPhone once I had ported the number from o2 to EE and received confirmation. Re-paired and during setup it asked if I wanted to add my data plan from my iPhone. Said yes and it took around a minute to activate.

So from initial call to EE, to receiving the eSim, setting up dual sim and activating apple watch cellular, the whole thing took less than 48 hours to complete and around 10 mins of my time.

Really easy - and as mentioned the good news about porting onto a dual sim phone is never being without your number as it ports, or meeting around swapping sims and turning on/off.

Sounds like EE have got it streamlined nicely now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom