Apple Watch owners thread

wormvortex

I honestly think they are running out of things to invent for phones.

The cinematic mode looks great but how many people will use that to the fullest.

Phone innovation hasn't existed for ages now. Save the folding phone models coming out what else can they really do? More ram here, better camera sensor there. Most people don't even care that much about the camera on the phone and those that really really care probably have a DSLR anyway.

Cinematic mode looked cool but I agree the only people who would really use it are film makers and any proper film maker would have a proper camera.

Storvay

Phone innovation hasn't existed for ages now. Save the folding phone models coming out what else can they really do? More ram here, better camera sensor there. Most people don't even care that much about the camera on the phone and those that really really care probably have a DSLR anyway.

Cinematic mode looked cool but I agree the only people who would really use it are film makers and any proper film maker would have a proper camera.
I wouldn’t wholly agree though a lot of what you say chimes.

The camera is hugely important to me and iPhone has made big strides in catching up (surpassing?) the competition in recent iterations, particularly Night Mode. The shots I took on holiday are just brilliant, kind of crazy what phones can output. I’ve never owned a DSLR and never will but the camera improvements now are, I’ll agree, incremental - my needs are almost entirely met by the 12 Pro. If the 13 had a much better zoom like some of the android competitors, I may have considered it.

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
When do people generally think the SS 6 will go one sale, I want to replace my SS 3

Ta

neuty

Distinguished Member
When do people generally think the SS 6 will go one sale, I want to replace my SS 3

Ta
I was looking yesterday and only 40mm SS6 were showing, so hopefully stock soon, and a good price drop.

jouster

I think it has double the total storage when compared to the series 4 (32gig v 16gig)
Indeed it does.

Uploading is relatively simple. Upload to your phone then sync it to your watch

this is how I’ve been doing it for a few years for running audio and it’s more than fine

it is possible of course to have offline music from some of the streaming services.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Guess I’ll have no problems ordering when they go on sale then given the comments on here! :rotfl:

Will be upgrading my S4 to an S7 and will hand the 4 over to my wife.

jouster

Guess I’ll have no problems ordering when they go on sale then given the comments on here! :rotfl:

Will be upgrading my S4 to an S7 and will hand the 4 over to my wife.
im not sure stock will be plentiful......at least not to begin with

Inked

Distinguished Member
im not sure stock will be plentiful......at least not to begin with
Thankfully I no longer worry so much about day one orders for new apple products. In the past I’d be sat at the desk desperately trying to secure the latest phone / iPad / watch etc. Now, I’ll log in and try and order if I actually remember at 1pm for the phone today (and when the watch launches later this year) but if not, meh! :rotfl:
Still haven’t even decided whether to try and order today through apple, very or wait until JL have stock on launch day.

jouster

Thankfully I no longer worry so much about day one orders for new apple products. In the past I’d be sat at the desk desperately trying to secure the latest phone / iPad / watch etc. Now, I’ll log in and try and order if I actually remember at 1pm for the phone today (and when the watch launches later this year) but if not, meh! :rotfl:
Still haven’t even decided whether to try and order today through apple, very or wait until JL have stock on launch day.
Apple and JLS warranties are the same if ordering direct but like you say, probably not as much of a bun fight at JL

neuty

Distinguished Member

jouster

Anyone found any good deals on a series 6 stainless steel please ?
you won't see any deals on 6 SS until the 7 SS gets released and it hasn't even been announced yet...no images or prices have yet been revealed

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom