Apple Watch owners thread

Inked

Distinguished Member
From what I can hear to me it is not worth splashing nearly double the amount on a steel version. Especially since I assume that the average lifespan of an AW is about 5 years. It might be better investing on a slim AW cover (if one exists) instead.

How about in terms of deals? Are there any? Does AW come bundled with other Apple stuff such as headphones/laptops/phones/etc?
Indeed, and there are plenty of slim covers available.

AW doesn’t usually come bundled with anything else, you’d be best off keeping an eye on HUKD for any retailer offers, Very usually have new customer discount offers, or you could buy vouchers in the classifieds for your preferred retailer to save some cash.

GTeng

Mrs got an AW3 for her birthday last year but we've never really had the time to fully explore all the features, is there a quick rundown of handy things to do with it or decent guides online?

She basically wears it as a fitbit, but only recently discovered you have to tell it you're going for a walk...Also wears it to track sleep as of a few weeks ago, once we figured out it doesn't do it natively!

rfield

Mrs got an AW3 for her birthday last year but we've never really had the time to fully explore all the features, is there a quick rundown of handy things to do with it or decent guides online?

She basically wears it as a fitbit, but only recently discovered you have to tell it you're going for a walk...Also wears it to track sleep as of a few weeks ago, once we figured out it doesn't do it natively!
This official guide isn't awful - has step by step guides for the majority of features, including setup, watch faces, etc
Apple Watch - Official Apple Support

jouster

You shouldn’t need to tell it you’re going for a walk. It should auto detect this and ask if you’d like to track it. This works for runs as well but you need to start an activity for everything else.

A fitbit is simialr in that it will always count your steps but you need to record a workout to get more data collated.

Apple Watch will also always collate the data, it’s just not shown as an activity. But if you go into the health app, you can see steps and distance covered.

For example, today I ran 5k so the activity tracked that but it the health app

you can see the run sticking out on the charts.
9DE83892-C8C6-4DD4-8B93-1C26E2573937.png
B18425BB-4968-4D5F-BB6F-F91959E60F6F.png

Goooner

Distinguished Member
My 3 never used to detect when I was just going for a walk.

My 6 does more often than not.

damo09

Hi all. Does anyone use a case on their watch. I have the 44mm Nike one (A2352) and looking to get a case but a little bamboozled by which one??

Inked

Distinguished Member
Hi all. Does anyone use a case on their watch. I have the 44mm Nike one (A2352) and looking to get a case but a little bamboozled by which one??

:thumbsup: Click above link

P-P-S-S

Does anyone know if Apple store offers free returns please? I have perhaps chosen the worst time to get an AW6 since there are no shops open where I could go and see one in person so I was hoping to order 2 or 3 in order to make a decision and return the unwanted ones.

ruffage

Distinguished Member
Just get it from Apple’s online store. 14 day return policy. I ordered 2 iPhones incase one arrived damaged (my first order did). Then just sent the second one back.

damo09

:thumbsup: Click above link
Got one of these from Amazon. And there perfect. Can hardly tell it’s even got a case on.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom