Quantcast

Apple Watch owners thread

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
Thats a oretty smart dock. Got a link please?
Sure, here it is:

Holife 2 in 1 Qi Fast Wireless... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DWTFZXV?ref=yo_pop_ma_share

Pretty cool design, the Apple Watch charge cable plugs into a USB port inside the dock, so all that is required is the included USB cable from dock to QC plug (bought seperately).

This is the QC adapter I bought:

Fast Charger, Anker USB Charger... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017VXARME?ref=yo_pop_ma_share

melmorc

That Blue one looks pretty neat!

My next purchase will be an official sport band, and then I’ve seen the sport loop for £12 on Amazon with good reviews

Those 4 should see me through for a few weeks!
Oh the blue orbit/gamma blue is my favourite and goes really well with the space grey.

It starts to turn a bit into a habit!

jouster

Sure, here it is:

Holife 2 in 1 Qi Fast Wireless... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DWTFZXV?ref=yo_pop_ma_share

Pretty cool design, the Apple Watch charge cable plugs into a USB port inside the dock, so all that is required is the included USB cable from dock to QC plug (bought seperately).

This is the QC adapter I bought:

Fast Charger, Anker USB Charger... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017VXARME?ref=yo_pop_ma_share
Quite impressed with the stand and even though the watch charger isnt built in, the fact that the watch charger section works well is enough for me.

Would quite like it in black so will keep an eye on things for a while before hitting the button.

Might get one for the wife though as she has white phone and silver series 3 watch

jouster

The Belkin one looks great but at £89.99 it can jog on

Shanew1705

I love the strap - may have to treat myself!! I purchased the 44mm Nike + S4 but in space grey so got the black/anthracite strap, which is nice but I'd prefer the white/black one!
Not sure if youve brought this yet, but I put the white strap I’ve got on my Space Grey S1 and this is how it looks if youve not seen:

jouster

Another fork of the watch face code has updated giving a total of 11 faces now.

Apparently the next thing to be worked on is the chronograph function

8B43D4F5-48C5-4272-8CB2-81B649C41126.png
AD3214D4-1742-4A26-9A2D-9A4BD0C40B08.png
1571BEC6-5945-46C6-8C70-8D14E36D3B66.png
AEB770AF-85DE-4C80-AC1B-C9680215D07F.png
DDAE4D48-EFDC-4210-99A3-4B0309A1A2D8.png
E246EE08-82A4-4CA8-BD07-ED7CA0EA8047.png
A26284EE-E488-4DE4-AAA9-9B69F286E0DB.png
3DF8F32F-0114-4E0F-8432-D05D9C0DCCA9.png
8B061A95-5D92-4964-9D29-A8B4B7B021E6.png
A323BF2B-AB6B-41E7-950A-29791E70D53D.png

jouster

F749BCA0-BC6A-475D-9751-E9B0E34C9DF6.png

jouster

Seems I posted a bit early. The dev has updated his fork and now the chronos are working. Four in total

03530D8B-38BD-46ED-9F46-5961E8E4B88D.png
86355EF1-92C6-408C-A0C9-9BD4F7C7558C.png
6C81ED8B-93BC-4296-913D-F794C8EF0A23.png
C19CCEAB-71BA-407B-91A9-142673A997B8.png

hes also put a new Hublot face up as well

9A3BC319-BD86-4DC8-B066-FF1BA4573E46.png

Shanew1705

Those are awesome, would be brilliant to get on the watch, shame apple will never do it

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member

jouster

You can put them on the watch.......
Sorry yes, these are working watch faces.

To put them on you just need MacOS, Xcode and the relevant Github fork

D2359BFB-2D39-4132-8B4B-7610CBFD0CCE.jpeg
B2AA8DCF-EFCF-4D5E-BE9C-C567473DC35A.jpeg
0E677EFE-34C8-411E-8A31-986615B0184F.jpeg
0D211BFE-DE7E-487D-BB78-BEBEDDBCFE35.jpeg

That said, they are effectively apps themselves so no complications, no access to notitications directly on the screen (as a popup) without effectively closing the apps first and going to a native watch face. So for example youll get a walkie talkie message on your phone but it would kick one of these faces off of the screen and you'd need to manually reselect the third oarty face from ita dedicated app.

You are able to access notifications and the control centre by hard pressing and sliding the top and bottom of the watch respecitvely which is a decent workaround

Last edited:

Mr X

Distinguished Member
Been playing with Xcode and SpritewatchKit enabling some nice non branded watches

Obviously just a take in the Hermes Faces but i likw the fact thee branding isnt there

Theres even a Tag one out there now but its not for me

View attachment 1104230
I actually like the Tag one. Very nice. May have to look into this.

ruffage

Distinguished Member
Sorry yes, these are working watch faces.

To put them on you just need MacOS, Xcode and the relevant Github fork

View attachment 1106905 View attachment 1106906 View attachment 1106907 View attachment 1106908

That said, they are effectively apps themselves so no complications, no access to notitications directly on the screen (as a popup) without effectively closing the apps first and going to a native watch face. So for example youll get a walkie talkie message on your phone but it would kick one of these faces off of the screen and you'd need to manually reselect the third oarty face from ita dedicated app.

You are able to access notifications and the control centre by hard pressing and sliding the top and bottom of the watch respecitvely which is a decent workaround
Nope don't like them. Too busy looking imo.

Shanew1705

Personally think Apple aren’t making the most of the bigger screen size and watch faces

Too many of the different watch faces have a lot of empty space around the outside such as the Chronograph, Infograph and even the Simple faces

Be nice if they had some which really made use of the extra space on the 44mm and pushed the clock to the edge like the above ones

jouster

Nope don't like them. Too busy looking imo.
Totally fair. Were never going to be for everyone. I don't use them personally

jouster

What’s the reason custom faces don’t have moving hands?
They do have moving hands. On these Chrono faces all hands move now

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Ah, ok. Are those the ones you need a mac or something though?

I bought some watchmaker app when I got my Series 3 last year only to find that you couldn’t actually have working hands, which seems stupid as some of the faces that Apple do have working hands.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Bought my S3 last May, more on a whim than anything, wasn't sure how much use I'd get out of it, but love it now.

Do like the look of the S4 and the extra complications you can have, so seriously tempted to grab one, when I get my work bonus in March/April.

Mr X

Distinguished Member
Yeah I didn't have my S3 for long at all and when the S4 launched the screen didn't look that different. But once you wear it that extra real estate is great. I work with different time zones and having 4 zones on my main screen along with calendar is great.
So I went from thinking there actually wasn't that much difference when they first announced it (and I saw the pics) to now seeing the more square S3 and thinking it looks a bit dated. Best AW so far by a long shot (It's my 3rd)

jouster

Ah, ok. Are those the ones you need a mac or something though?

I bought some watchmaker app when I got my Series 3 last year only to find that you couldn’t actually have working hands, which seems stupid as some of the faces that Apple do have working hands.
yeah that app is a right con in my opinion

Yes to do these you need a Mac and XCode and a free dev account

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Definitely. Makes no mention of not being able to have actual hands or anything. I know it's only a couple of quid or something, but that's not the point.

Dave M

Distinguished Member

Trending threads

Latest News

Disney developing AI based video compression
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Vizio announces Disney+ available on SmartCast TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio-Technica reveals Kokutan and Asada Zakura headphones
  • By Andy Bassett