Apple Watch owners thread

S4 has just arrived!

Will post some pictures when all done

Got it set up yesterday, didnt get chance to post the picture

11tqwck.jpg

Also got a Silver Milanese chain off Amazon for £9.99 which I’m very happy with over the £149 it would cost for the official one from Apple!

v7s9yg.jpg

Nice one. That looks cool. I gave my old S0 to my son and he got the white sports band for it. Makes it look much more sporty IMO.
Still loving my S4, although it now feels more like an old friend than a new watch. No one at work has noticed its a new watch yet.
I’m a bit disappointed with the music player on the watch, i thought i could at least continue from where I left off like on other IOS devices, but I’m hoping things change in the near future.

Been playing with Xcode and SpritewatchKit enabling some nice non branded watches

DE060F3F-0E78-41DF-B2DF-2A777F3597DE.png
401D27AC-52C9-4C58-8EF0-E59941EBD11D.png
76600B3F-F201-4759-8AC2-1F587E6E28C0.png
94940E3C-5D77-4BAC-B07F-C6B33CD5CB65.png
6673C9E2-F1D5-4506-A0A6-90EDBA766577.png
3FAF335E-9E15-4A9E-B6A6-C07343E41A2A.png
91DDFC09-70E4-40FA-8FD1-327AAC7D4E8B.png
116BD8B0-744B-4BA4-84E5-B444953FFF65.png
4B24ED74-B6B7-4E3C-BEE2-43A4E56518E0.png

Obviously just a take in the Hermes Faces but i likw the fact thee branding isnt there

Theres even a Tag one out there now but its not for me

68878DB1-0AA9-4022-8AAA-E1895A6C81DC.jpeg

Non branded how? They all have an Apple logo on them. Am i missing something?

Been playing with Xcode and SpritewatchKit enabling some nice non branded watches

View attachment 1104221 View attachment 1104222 View attachment 1104223 View attachment 1104224 View attachment 1104225 View attachment 1104226 View attachment 1104227 View attachment 1104228 View attachment 1104229

Obviously just a take in the Hermes Faces but i likw the fact thee branding isnt there

Theres even a Tag one out there now but its not for me

View attachment 1104230
It’s crazy that there’s no Apple Watch Face Store. It would have the same vetting as their App Store, so it wouldn’t allow the crappy ones through. 99p per face would soon bring the money in.

Thick question time, how do you get those by having a jail broken watch or summit?

Thick question time, how do you get those by having a jail broken watch or summit?
Not a thick question at all.

Its not a jailbreak.

Its effectively sideloading an app on to your watch via your phone usung a developer account, XCode on MacOS and WatchSpriteKit.

Ah right cheers

I think that Tag face is very smart tbh, would look great in a more formal occasion or a night out

Shame Apple don’t over those kinda things by default

I think that Tag face is very smart tbh, would look great in a more formal occasion or a night out

Shame Apple don’t over those kinda things by default

I personally can’t see Apple ever doing this as standard without a big partner agreement with each watch maker like they have with Hermes. Of course that would come with a big cost which nost would shy away from.

Ita funny seeing people complain on FB groups that the Hermes watch isnt worth the cost and not different enough to justify the extra cost, but they're happy to have the Hermes face and pretend to have one.

Whilst Apple don’t have a lot of control over sideloaded apps if a user is happy to compile in XCode themselves, I cant see them ever allowing an app onto the store that allows lots of copyrighted faces to be used.

I personally can’t see Apple ever doing this as standard without a big partner agreement with each watch maker like they have with Hermes. Of course that would come with a big cost which nost would shy away from.

Ita funny seeing people complain on FB groups that the Hermes watch isnt worth the cost and not different enough to justify the extra cost, but they're happy to have the Hermes face and pretend to have one.

Whilst Apple don’t have a lot of control over sideloaded apps if a user is happy to compile in XCode themselves, I cant see them ever allowing an app onto the store that allows lots of copyrighted faces to be used.
How easy is it to do all this via XCode?

I really like a lot of the faces Apple offer tbh, but I feel that they just lack that one smart watch face for the formal occasion such as that Tag one - I’d use that every time I was out with the Milanese chain

How easy is it to do all this via XCode?

I really like a lot of the faces Apple offer tbh, but I feel that they just lack that one smart watch face for the formal occasion such as that Tag one - I’d use that every time I was out with the Milanese chain
Its not difficult as such. Just takes a but if time to ubderstand all if the things you need to change and also you need to create a dev account (free one) first too.

Its not difficult as such. Just takes a but if time to ubderstand all if the things you need to change and also you need to create a dev account (free one) first too.
Cheers mate might look at giving it a go tonight

What watch faces are people using then?

I currently have a casual one, work one, gym one and a formal one for nights out, find the formal ones lacking in all honesty so after more ideas if anyone has any to share

What watch faces are people using then?

I currently have a casual one, work one, gym one and a formal one for nights out, find the formal ones lacking in all honesty so after more ideas if anyone has any to share

I use Infograph for daily use and Activity Digital with Music added for Gym stuff. I’d use the Infograph digital all the time if i could have Alarms on it. I used to use the Modular one all the time on my S0.
Its nice having multiple faces but after the novelty wears off i expect il just use Infograph all the time. All the machines at the gym have heart rate etc, so i dont really need the watch to see those. I tend to fold my arms a lot and find i keep changing thre faces. Quite annoying.

I love the strap - may have to treat myself!! I purchased the 44mm Nike + S4 but in space grey so got the black/anthracite strap, which is nice but I'd prefer the white/black one!

Not sure how close to the Nike one this is but i got my son this for my old S0. Very tempted to get myself one for the summer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DW4K5H1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Not sure how close to the Nike one this is but i got my son this for my old S0. Very tempted to get myself one for the summer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DW4K5H1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My only concern is the length. With the genuine straps, the 44mm is an ok length (as I have thin wrists, but then I am a girlie!) but when I purchased a 3rd party one, it could virtually wrap around my wrist twice.
All my straps are genuine at the mo, and I do like the Nike versions!!
yebsQbl+RW6MnWjPivEmsg.jpg

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yep, ive got thin wrists as well, as does my son. The Small/Med straps are a bit shorter than the standard apple supplied straps if that helps.

That Blue one looks pretty neat!

My next purchase will be an official sport band, and then I’ve seen the sport loop for £12 on Amazon with good reviews

Those 4 should see me through for a few weeks!

I cant believe how much those official sports bands cost. Thank god there are much cheaper alternatives. I guess its the same with things like camera batteries and other OEM accessories.

I picked up a 44mm Nike a few weeks ago, and having just got an iPhone X wanted to replace my current watch/phone dock with a wireless charge dock for both.

Got this off Amazon, £20, and works brilliantly:

E804D759-B6D0-4686-8A52-E2EC4F61DF79.jpeg

Also a couple of third party straps to complement the Nike strap:

81AEA2D1-CCA7-4271-B12C-4FED421F91C8.jpeg

ABC6E73C-18E9-403F-8B6E-5F0614B53C6D.jpeg

Thats a oretty smart dock. Got a link please?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom