Apple Watch owners thread

ianeb

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey, took the advice of another member and started an owners thread rather than filling up the delivery thread!

I wasn't aware there was an avforums app for the watch! I will be having a look!

Also had no idea there is another strap for smaller wrists in the case! Haha!

Edit: just looked, can see no app for avforums!? How is this being displayed on the watch?

I would like to know as well!
Perhaps it's a Web browser app? Stumped, lol!

A few niggles so far.

It seems quite a while (at least a few secs) after a call comes through on the phone before the watch pipes up.

At first the digital touch icon wasn't showing up in the contacts option for my wife, was showing up in hers, after sending a few taps it only then appeared on my watch?

Sometimes have to try overly hard to get the watch to come on via wrist movement.

Controlling the apple TV from the watch though is pretty cool, as is controlling music on the phone and volume control (couldn't find a shuffle option on the phone though?).

Has anyone been able to get more than the current month to display in the calendar app?

Yeah, took me a while before I came across it.

Also depends on the watch. The 38mm seems to be fitted with the smaller strap to the watch with the larger strap in the box with the 42mm vice versa - which does make some sense.

A few niggles so far.

It seems quite a while (at least a few secs) after a call comes through on the phone before the watch pipes up.

At first the digital touch icon wasn't showing up in the contacts option for my wife, was showing up in hers, after sending a few taps it only then appeared on my watch?

Sometimes have to try overly hard to get the watch to come on via wrist movement.

Controlling the apple TV from the watch though is pretty cool, as is controlling music on the phone and volume control (couldn't find a shuffle option on the phone though?).

Has anyone been able to get more than the current month to display in the calendar app?

I read somewhere that Apple were aware of a few problems including some of these and will be putting out an update soon. Fingers crossed this is true. I will try and find the article.

Can you adjust the amount of time the notifications and time display before it goes off? I haven't come across it, I'd like maybe another one or two seconds before the screen goes off.

I've checked for updates, apparently running latest version.

Can you adjust the amount of time the notifications and time display before it goes off? I haven't come across it, I'd like maybe another one or two seconds before the screen goes off.

I've checked for updates, apparently running latest version.
How long does it stay lit at the moment?

Does the screen light up when you get a notification or does that only happen when you purposely look at it?

I hear you can also tap the screen to turn it on/ light it up. I didn't know that till today.

So im lying in bed and the watch beeps and hits me with the haptic. "time to warns for 1 minute" it says. I'm in bed trying to sleep you stupid watch!!!!!

So im lying in bed and the watch beeps and hits me with the haptic. "time to warns for 1 minute" it says. I'm in bed trying to sleep you stupid watch!!!!!
Lol! I take it you're wearing it and it's not sitting on charge? :)

How long does it stay lit at the moment?

Does the screen light up when you get a notification or does that only happen when you purposely look at it?

It's around 5 seconds, if you keep looking at it but if you put your arm down it just goes off.seems fine but some notifications turn off quicker. Not a major issue and it's not meant for displaying information for long periods I guess. Just a matter of getting used to it

I read somewhere before the watch was released it takes about a minute to boot up, can anyone confirm this?

Hey, took the advice of another member and started an owners thread rather than filling up the delivery thread!

I wasn't aware there was an avforums app for the watch! I will be having a look!

Edit: just looked, can see no app for avforums!? How is this being displayed on the watch?
Perhaps it is just a screenshot of the iPhone app?

It's around 5 seconds, if you keep looking at it but if you put your arm down it just goes off.seems fine but some notifications turn off quicker. Not a major issue and it's not meant for displaying information for long periods I guess. Just a matter of getting used to it
Is the 5 second time out just on the new notifications and when your on the watch screen or is it that quick even when you're on the app screen for eg.?

Does the screen stay lit when you have a workout running?

Any body else having problems with the camera app.

I select the app, my iPhone camera comes on, but then the watch just says 'connecting with iphone' forever.

The only bug I have found so far.

Being able to control the volume, play and pause music through apps like Tuned In Pro is great :)

It seems to be a universal timeout, so you receive an alert, lift your wrist, screen comes on and the notification is there.... The screen goes off after 4-5 seconds. If you are doing something, an alert comes in it will appear on screen and you can dismiss it. I'm not sure if it goes away on its own though because if you leave it the screen goes off. From my experience, you have to dismiss the notifications.

To be honest I am not 100% lol I've not stopped playing around with it, so haven't been paying much attention! I've just received a tap and notification to stand up lol when I looked the screen came on, turned off after 4-5 seconds, when I turned the screen back on it was still there so seems you have to clear them.

Any body else having problems with the camera app.

I select the app, my iPhone camera comes on, but then the watch just says 'connecting with iphone' forever.

The only bug I have found so far.

Being able to control the volume, play and pause music through apps like Tuned In Pro is great :)
I thought the camera app was one on the best features. You get a remote picture of the camera lens view on the watch in real time and can take an instant or 3 second delay picture. This tells me there is no reason why the watch couldn't handle video.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom