• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Apple Watch not showing incoming calls since iOS 14 and new WatchOS

surfymark

Hi!

I wonder if anyone else is seeing this since the new OS.

My watch is displaying all iMessages and WhatsApp (and all other notifications that I can see).

But when my phone rings it does not show or notify at all on my watch.

I fiddled around last night and hard rebooted both phone and watch and finally got a call to display on the watch. But this morning I noticed I had missed a call and nothing had been displayed on the watch (I did get a missed call notification but it definitely did not ring on the watch).

I notice WhatsApp calls don't come through to the watch but messages do but a quick Google shows me this is now normal behaviour? (I'm sure they used to?)

Anyone else see this? It is an iPhone XR and Watch Series 5 if that matters.

thanks!
Mark

surfymark

I just did a hard restart again on the iPhone and tried again and got the call notification on the watch again. I don't want to have to hard reset every day!!

Surprised I can't see anything about it here or on Google anywhere.

surfymark

Updated my phone and watch again last night (14.0.1) and the first phone call I got rang my watch. However, later in the day I received two calls and neither of them rang my watch. Most annoying!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom