Apple Watch battery life now?

Discussion in 'Wearables Tech - Fitness & Smartwatch Forum' started by leebroath, Jun 10, 2015.

1. leebroath

leebroath

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,328
    Just wondering how your battery life is now after using the watch for a period?

I've been reading on MacR that after a few charges the battery has actually improved significantly. I removed my 42mm watch from charge this morning at around 8am and I'm sitting at 61% which I think is brilliant. I've don't various things on the watch today, checked messages, emailed and continually checking then active App :)

First day was pretty rubbish but only because I was playing about loads with it but it's really holding its charge for being only a few days old - I'm really impressed

2. oasismark

oasismark
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,723
    I charge it every night and i dont think ive ever seen the battery below 50% when i put it back on to charge at night.

3. Kieron

Kieron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,154
    First charge last night. Wouldn't go over 95%.

A bit of googling resulted in me finding out that under these circumstances (new watch, not charged before since pairing etc) required a power reboot (and if that didn't work) a reset by holding in the crown and button.

Then pull remove and replace the charging disc.

Did all the above and up it went to 100%

Something to bear in mind.

4. Stiggy

Stiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,049
    It's the Workout app that really kills the battery, as it takes a lot more pulse measurements. If I didn't do any workouts my battery would probably last 2 days, even in my 38mm.

5. Kieron

Kieron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,154
    Last couple of days I've approached 24 hours and still had 35% left. Quick boost up to 100 then back on my wrist.

Today/tonight will be the big test. Gigging until 3am so that will push me out to around 27-28 hours...

And I use it a lot!

6. Mudman

Mudman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I had an opportunity to really test the battery this weekend, as I was away at a wedding and decided not to take the charger with me.

I wanted to see how long the battery would last and had two criteria to stick to;

1. Use the watch as normal without worrying about battery life.
    2. Put it into power saving mode from 11pm to 6am every night.

Friday 8am I took it off charge at 100% and started using it as normal including answering 4/5 calls and replying to various text messages and also reading my Fb messenger messages.

On Saturday a lot of people wanted to see the watch and how it worked so I demonstrated it and showed the various apps etc...Another day of phone calls taken on the Watch and text messages and checking weather etc..

Sunday (today) I used it a lot less as we had a wedding brunch and then headed home...

On the various drives every time I moved my arm from the steering wheel to rest of the door it meant the screen lit up and I wondered how this would impact battery life as both ways was a long journey.

I arrived back home on Sunday (today) at 17.10.....battery was at 8%

So it lasted over 2 and a half days with me using it a lot and people wanting to see it and how it worked, I just had to be conscience to put it into power saving mode late in the evenings...

Very impressed and it far far outlasted my Sony SmartWatch 3

7. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +593
    took off charge yesterday at 7AM and its still got 24% left so will last the night for sure.

happy with that

8. Kieron

Kieron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,154
    All good here. Easily lasting 24 hours. Lived through my gig too ;) My only complaint would be about power reserve mode - the fact that the watch effectively needs a reboot to get it operating normally again.

A shame that you can't pull it out of power reserve quicker. Still very happy with mine.

9. Kieron

Kieron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,154
    Still amazed by the battery life. To be honest I think whoever told Tim Cook to say that it would only last 18 hours has probably been taken out 'the back of the Apple campus and shot.

I reckon mine would go two days.

Here's my daily routine...

Get to 11pm at night. Usually 50% or more.
    Charge for 45 mins.
    Put back on wrist.

And that's it!

And honestly chaps (and chapettes) - I batter the hell out of it all day long, starting with my watch tap alarm at 7:56am.

Frankly I'm glad it's a daily charger. It gets you into a routine.

I go to Vegas a lot, which is a hell of a long day from getting up, flying, changing at Philly, another long flight then getting through customs, getting baggage, getting to hotel and finally getting sorted. My worry was that the watch wouldn't make it. Now I know it will.

Yep - very happy.

Mrs K's 38mm easily lasts her day too - she has the same routine as me.

Honestly couldn't be happier with my purchase and I'm sure it will only get better.

10. Stiggy

Stiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,049
    As mentioned previously, if you use the Workout app with the default settings of checking your heart relate every minute or so, it really eats the battery. If someone were doing a marathon of something, you might be pushing the 1 day limit.

11. jonden

jonden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Had watch 5 days now and must say am very impressed with battery life. Yesterday was a normal day checking a few notifications etc and a 30 min bike ride, went to bed with over 50% left on the battery, that was after approx 14 hours since taking it off charger.