Apple Watch 2

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With less than 3 weeks to go, it feels like a good time to start a discussion.

It's all rumours at this stage, but the current thinking is:
Integrated GPS
Barometer
Better battery life
Higher waterproof rating

No standalone cellular connection
No camera
No additional health sensors

I love my Apple Watch, but I'm still to be convinced I need an upgrade.

Right now I'm saying that I'll be resisting the urge to upgrade. The only thing that would convince me is a better form factor (slightly thinner) but I would if it was significantly faster. Love my watch but there are too many times when it just takes too long to open and app.

The sensible thing for me would be to wait for the AW3 but I never do the sensible thing!

Still more than happy with my watch. I really only use it for the time, to log walks and cycles, and notifications! Really don't need anything more than that personally.

Definitely interested to see what the changes are, my current AW has hardly left my wrist since purchase.

If it is a worthy upgrade I'll be waiting for John Lewis to stock it as I did with the first version so that I can get my discount though.

I've held off buying one for the last few months to see if a second AW comes out. Waiting forward to see what's new.

Same here. Just waiting for release of the next version and I'm 99% in.

Looking forward to this. Have been wanting to buy the AW for a while now, but have been holding off for the AW2. FaceTime via the watch will be useful and I would like it to be thinner than the current AW, which it is rumoured to be. I've noticed quite a few apps I've downloaded have had AW versions, which I felt would be quite useful.

Looking forward to this. Have been wanting to buy the AW for a while now, but have been holding off for the AW2. FaceTime via the watch will be useful and I would like it to be thinner than the current AW, which it is rumoured to be. I've noticed quite a few apps I've downloaded have had AW versions, which I felt would be quite useful.
There's no firm evidence of a camera yet, I fact it's hard to see where it would physically fit into the current design.

The current rumours are there will be a low-end Sport version with almost no new features, and the higher end models will get the biggest changes. Not long to wait to find out.

There's no firm evidence of a camera yet, I fact it's hard to see where it would physically fit into the current design.

The current rumours are there will be a low-end Sport version with almost no new features, and the higher end models will get the biggest changes. Not long to wait to find out.

Ah fair enough, was just a rumour I heard. Like you say, not long until we all find out.

I've was watching the Apple keynote address on ios10 & watch os3 which looks very promising & supposed to speed up the Apple watch a lot & add new features.

Though if there is a major Apple Watch 2 update with better battery & waterproofing faster processor, slightly bigger screen, bettercamera for FaceTime & linked photos video & Siri with a voice, anti reflective screen, ....wishful thinking though

IMG_0005.JPG

Held out here too, ready to buy a second generation Watch.

Me 2, should be slimmer, based on YouTube video by bytes.

I imagine it'll be the same thickness, with any space taken up by the larger battery. I was concerned the first release was too thick but on the wrist it looks fine. Shame they don't do a chunkier divers style strap for the sports version though.

Larger battery would suit me. I'm looking at the stainless steel with Milanese loop and the will pick up a leather loop strap as well. One for casual and one for smart.

This has actually made me think twice about owning another Apple Watch. Especially as they want to charge me to fix it. [emoji848]

ImageUploadedByAVForums1473253445.551805.jpg

Not idea mate. It's never been anywhere near water or had any bumps. It looks like the glue holding the face on has failed/deteriorated. I only noticed it as the sound when I tapped the screen was different to how it is normally.

Waterproof and built in GPS, I'm in for one. Started watching late, what have I missed?

For me I'm most pleased it retains the look of the original. Not bothered about swimming and the first was great with being splashproof etc.
Not bothered about GPS either - I always have my phone with me, even on walks.

Will happily continue with my series 1.

The ceramic one is nice though :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom