• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Apple Warranty Query

bransoj

Originally got my iPhone at the end of Sept 2009 and due to a fault with cracks from the dock at the bottom going up the casing. Took it to Apple at Meadowhall in August where it was replaced with a refurb. Now having an issue where the silent button, when on silent, will vibrate at the slightest touch which not only makes you think its going off but also doesnt help the battery.

Where do i stand in terms of the warranty? Is the initial replacement just covered up until the date the original one was or do you get any extended cover on the replacement from Apple?

Checked the serial number via the Apple website which says its out of warranty but i checked this after the swap and the date was just the same as the original one was. I've also checked the sheet of paper i got from the Apple store when i had the swap and i cant see anything on there with regard to cover.

jerryq7777

It will only be covered upto Sept 2010.No harm taking it into an apple store and trying for a replacement tho.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom