• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Apple USB Power Adapter & the iPod Touch (UK) help

Meridius

Hi all i just bought the iPod Apple USB Power Adapter i have been toled it works with the ipod touch.

now the thing is it comes with a usb cable can i plug the usb cable that came with the Apple USB Power Adapter stright into the ipod touch as the manual states that

(Connect your iPod to the power adapter using
the USB cable that came with your iPod. If you
have an original iPod shuffle, you can connect it
directly to the power adapter.)

(You can also connect the power adapter to an
iPod Dock and place iPod in the Dock.)

I dont own a dock and i dont want to to keep taking the usb cable that came with my ipod touch out of my pc to plug it into the Apple USB Power Adapter I want to leave it in the computer and use the usb cable that came with the apple usb power adapter with the plug to the ipod tocuh.

The usb cable that came with the Apple USB Power Adapter it must work by conecting it stright to the itouch to the plug ??? i dont have to buy a dock do i to use it this way ?????? i thought all ipod cables are the same wired ???

can anyone help me here

thanks

winstn60

All the cables I have tried various versions of Ipod all seem to work fine with my itouch. The newer cable doesn't have the annoying little clips that you have to remember to hold down to release the cable otherwise all works the same way

Meridius

so why do apple put this in the man

(Connect your iPod to the power adapter using
the USB cable that came with your iPod. If you
have an original iPod shuffle, you can connect it
directly to the power adapter.)

(You can also connect the power adapter to an
iPod Dock and place iPod in the Dock.)

it says i have to use the usb cable that came with the ipod touch or use the cable that came with the psu and then conect it to a dock and thenuse the ipod touch i just find it abit strange?

have you used the Apple USB Power Adapter and the usb cable that came with it and conected it stright to the ipod touch ???

also someone said on another forum that
(if its fully charged, dont keep it connected. it'll kill your battery.....)

is this true

winstn60

OK think I have worked this out as your post isn't that clear. The Apple psu doesn't have a usb connector it's the firewire type. The cable supplied with the Itouch is usb so won't plug into the apple psu. However both cables seem to charge the itouch ok as I have just tried it. Does this answer your question?

Also I have a golden rule I don't believe everything that people write on forums. Leaving the power cable plugged in won't kill your battery. If that was true Apple would have designed a dreadful charging circuit..

Meridius

thanks for helping me but i have the plug here and it is a usb connector on the plug and comes with a usb cable i think the older psu where the firewire versions but this is the 2nd version and is usb

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom