Apple TV+ service

I have enjoyed all the things we have watched on it so far.

Morning Show, For All Mankind, Trying, Ted Lasso, Tiny World, Long Way Up, Down and Round and the Greyhound Movie.

Got Mythic Quest and See on the list to watch along with Dickinson.

Just no idea when we will get more of these shows or when new ones will be added.

I can’t see them stopping the service, I think they are only just getting going.
Apple can afford to take the hit while they get more content, in the same way they took a hit on the Apple TV itself for years while it was just their “hobby” (I still remember my excitement getting the first version in at work. Can’t believe it’s been 14 years!)
Apple have played the long game getting into peoples TV’s and I think they are prepared to continue down the same path.

I have enjoyed all the things we have watched on it so far.

Morning Show, For All Mankind, Trying, Ted Lasso, Tiny World, Long Way Up, Down and Round and the Greyhound Movie.

Got Mythic Quest and See on the list to watch along with Dickinson.

Just no idea when we will get more of these shows or when new ones will be added.

I was listening to a podcast yesterday where they talked about season 2 of Servant. I haven't subscribed to the service yet but watched all but the last episode of Servant when they gave free access to some of the shows during lockdown in the late Spring (also For All Mankind which was good). We were gutted to miss out on seeing the end of the season as we enjoyed this. The podcast said a lot of season 2 shows will start to drip feed in February.

anyone know if the 1 year free promo is stackable? i started a one year free trial which is due to finish in july but my wife got a new iphone a few months back which needs to be redeemed soon or it will expire. she is on my family sharing so wondering if it will stack or i should remove her so she can use the new trial on her account alone.

As far as I know it’s one trial per account.

Likewise. Very happy indeed as enjoying everything on Apple. Even Fraggle Rock.

Extended here too.

Finally had an email confirming extended until July.

Was going to get dad a roku box for him to share via family (TV has not got apple tv app), He has no apple device or apple ID. Best way to get this via roku?

Was going to get dad a roku box for him to share via family (TV has not got apple tv app), He has no apple device or apple ID. Best way to get this via roku?
Just log in using your Apple ID. Would still need your password to make purchases so no risk of accidental purchases.

Hi guys,

I recently bought new apple hardware so have been given the 1 year free apple TV+ sub. I’ve accepted the offer and it then transfers me directly to the Apple TV app already on my iPad.

My question - may be a silly one with an easy solution - is if there is a way to * only * look at the Apple TV+ sub ‘free (as in included)’ streaming content?

At the moment, when I go on the Apple App on my ipad, the content is mixed together with pay per view/premium rental content/Movie and TV digital purchasing options, and also content that asks me to link ITV/amazon app to view it.

I’m just wondering if I can go directly to the Apple TV exclusive TV and film content (that I don‘t have to pay extra on top of the sub if I wasn’t on a free year trial)? Thanks.

Hi guys,

I recently bought new apple hardware so have been given the 1 year free apple TV+ sub. I’ve accepted the offer and it then transfers me directly to the Apple TV app already on my iPad.

My question - may be a silly one with an easy solution - is if there is a way to * only * look at the Apple TV+ sub ‘free (as in included)’ streaming content?

At the moment, when I go on the Apple App on my ipad, the content is mixed together with pay per view/premium rental content/Movie and TV digital purchasing options, and also content that asks me to link ITV/amazon app to view it.

I’m just wondering if I can go directly to the Apple TV exclusive TV and film content (that I don‘t have to pay extra on top of the sub if I wasn’t on a free year trial)? Thanks.
If your version of iOS is up to date there should be an Originals tab on the bottom of the screen. Alternatively scroll to channels on Watch now and select AppleTV+

Wasn’t expecting this. Starts 19th February.

Eligible for free 1 year Apple TV Plus sub due to purchasing an iPhone. However trying to claim that service is a difficult task. You have to have your credit card and enter the details.

I don’t have a credit card and it doesn’t like Debit card. I was informed that it also takes Pay Pal, which I don’t have as well. Dissapointed.

Should work with a debit card, that’s all I’ve ever had on my iTunes account.

It doesn’t work with Debit card, even tried with a Apple rep while on the phone trying to fill out card detail.

Downloaded the Apple TV+ app on Chromecast with Google TV, hooked up to Samsung 2018 QLED TV with ARC to Denon AVRX, the movies in my library do show as Atmos but for whatever reason the Apple TV + app is only sending PCM, no DD+ for Atmos via DD+, no Dolby surround even just plain PCM. Other Apps (Prime & Netflix) do happily send Atmos via DD+ or straight Dolby 5.1 so nothing wrong with the pipes. Very strange....

Just got myself a new iPad and this comes with Apple TV free for one year. How would I beam this to my TV LG Oled C7? No app available. What would be the cheapest option? Thanks

I have free Apple TV but how do I get it on my Hisense TV? I don't want to start messing with ipads and so on, can it be an app on a firestick or the TV, thanks. My firestick is 1st one released and quite slow and old now so wonder if getting anew 4k one would help if you can get the Apple TV app on the firestick or can you download direct to TV.

I have free Apple TV but how do I get it on my Hisense TV? I don't want to start messing with ipads and so on, can it be an app on a firestick or the TV, thanks. My firestick is 1st one released and quite slow and old now so wonder if getting anew 4k one would help if you can get the Apple TV app on the firestick or can you download direct to TV.

Apple TV App is available for Firestick so search for it and install it and give it a go.
If the Hisense is a Smart TV then check the TV Store to see if the App is available.

I'd advise upgrading your Fire Stick to the 4K one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom