Apple TV+ service

I’ve not seen anything.

It’s only a fiver for month though. You could probably get through everything on there in less than a month.

I likely will just grab a few months, as I'm so far behind with TV one month wouldn't be enough!

I seem to remember a few people saying they'd got a month trial off it, but no idea what thread it was and I couldn't find anything on the search.

Not to worry, I'm just a skinflint :D

I subscribed for a couple of months and "For all Mankind" and "The Morning Show" were definitely worth it. I cancelled once I finished those. Anything new worth me coming back for?

Installed Apple Tv+ yesterday having got it free with Vodafone broadband. Watched Greyhound which I enjoyed, and will be watching Long Way Up. Not a lot of content that appeals to me and wouldn't want to be paying for it.

I subscribed for a couple of months and "For all Mankind" and "The Morning Show" were definitely worth it. I cancelled once I finished those. Anything new worth me coming back for?

Ted Lasso is good fun, as above Tehran and Servant look good I have them still to watch.

Going to watch Long Way Up docu series, as well as the Hanks movie Greyhound.

Tehran, Trying, Mythic quest, Ted lasso, home before dark, defending Jacob, Little America, The Banker, Greyhound.
Whilst there isn’t a lot of content, what there is has been good

Pretty meagre fare in comparison to the competition
and hard to work out what’s included and what’s another separate sub or purchase

Not really, stuff in the ATV+ section is part of the sub, everything else on iTunes has to be paid for either bought or rented.

There is no Itunes tab but a point where scroll down its apple tv+, I think it would be better if it was separated a bit better.

Bloody hell! I'll never complain about Netflix ever again :)

Got my free 12 month Apple TV+ registration completed and, well, there is bugger all to watch on it.

So far I"ve watched the Beastie Boys Story (excellent), The Morning Show (excellent) and Greyhound (excellent). But I'm a bit stumped as to what to watch next.

Depending on your tastes, I found Dickinson to be quite charming, it's a period piece of course but with some modern sensibilities mixed in. And if you have a display capable of Dolby Vision this show is one of the best looking Dolby Vision treatments I've ever seen, the colors are amazing.

In the 12 months trial I saw Defending Jacob and Servant. Will take a good 4-6 years to get to the level of Netflix/Prime.

Shame Apple didn't bother purchasing HBO/Paramount or Universal or countless of other film studios, they could have truly overtaken the streaming market. They've now handed over their share to Disney...

Ted Lasso, Servant and Tehran are all well worth a watch.

Watched penultimate edition of Ted Lasso tonight. It’s got better and better after an ok start. Morning Show good.

Also enjoyed See and For All Mankind.

Watched penultimate edition of Ted Lasso tonight. It’s got better and better after an ok start. Morning Show good.

Also enjoyed See and For All Mankind.

Ted Lasso really should've been rubbish, based on the concept alone, but it sucks you in and it's real feel good stuff, even if not full of laugh out loud bits.

Another one I really enjoyed was Trying.

Season 2 of Servant starts tonight. Really good show.

Got a 1 year free trial last year watch the Breakfast show and not much else

Last edited:
Season 2 of Servant starts tonight. Really good show.

How many episodes do we get tonight?

Edit: Just checked, looks like one a week. I think I’ll wait until there are a few on there.

Yes I’ll do the same.

Not looking good for Apple. Wouldn't be surprised if ATV+ shuts the door in a year or two.

They have better originals than Disney though :rolleyes:
If they do shut down, I hope Netflix or HBO pick them up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom