Apple TV+'s Amazing Stories Season 1 TV Show Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Watched the first two now with the family and we have enjoyed both, even brought a few tears out in episode 2

Twilight Zone lite

Thanks for the review, Cas. This series does sound very interesting.

More weekly stuff. Tsk. Still, with limited content and productions halting all over it'll be just as well.
It'll be nice to have a bit of quality time with the family!
Cheers, Cas.

I actually saw an advert for this the other day when having me tea. Thought it was a film, not a series. Think it's piqued my interest anyway.

I loved the original series back in the 80's. Gonna have to check it out.

I recently watched the first episode, ‘The Cellar’, which I thought was pretty good. As Cas says, the production values are very high, and I also thought the Dolby Atmos was extremely effective, with a lot of action from my ceiling speakers especially during the storm scenes.

Watched first episode. Unutterable dross. Terrible acting. Dire script. Full of narrative conveniences that should have been put out to pasture decades ago. Just unspeakably awful. 3/10 from me.

Watched first episode. Unutterable dross. Terrible acting. Dire script. Full of narrative conveniences that should have been put out to pasture decades ago. Just unspeakably awful. 3/10 from me.
Yeah I would have to agree the first episode was pretty crap, I wouldn't give it a 3/10 but a 5/10 for me. Mostly wooden acting, poor script and poor direction by the director. It should have been so much better with 52 minutes more than enough time to implement a decent time travel story.

I know it's a different story each episode but I expected it to be like a mini film with good overall quality as Spielberg is involved as a executive producer. I love time travel films and series, the German series Dark is how you do a good gritty time travel story. And Flight Of The Navigator is how you do a good heartfelt fun family time travel film.

I did enjoy the second episode with the two girl high school runner's a bit better probably a 6.5/10 just because of better acting and seemed a fresher script. But even then the ending felt like they were making it up as they went along. Was a weird ending it didn't feel right kinda felt pointless.

Last edited:
really enjoyed the first ep.... had to turn off ep.2 though - could barely follow what was being said... i appreciate at 43 im not down with the kids but it was a serious mess.

Fingers crossed for a better ep.3.

really enjoyed the first ep.... had to turn off ep.2 though - could barely follow what was being said... i appreciate at 43 im not down with the kids but it was a serious mess.

Fingers crossed for a better ep.3.
Episode 1 started off OK but ended up like a cheesy Hallmark movie, pretty disappointing and I also struggled to understand most of the dialogue in the awful episode 2.
Ep 1 5/10
Ep 2 3/10

Both See and Servant were fairly underwhelming too, this seems to be getting a worse feedback than those two.

"Episode 1 started off OK but ended up like a cheesy Hallmark movie"

Pretty much my thoughts on that episode. Haven't bothered with episode 2 due to the first.

I enjoyed each of the first 3 episodes, although the last bit of episode 3 was a little cheesy. I'm actually finding the feel good, optimistic feel of the show to be kind of refreshing from all of the dark content out right now.

To be fair the original series was dross.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom