Apple TV coming to PS5 and PS4

Got me thinking whether I should order the media remote now :rolleyes:. Assume these apps will stream at 4k? Making my 4k firestick redundant :).

just be aware that there is no UK specific services, so no BBC or Channel 4 etc in 2020, if you dont watch those then no problem. oh and there is no confirmation on Dolby vision or Atmos if you care about that as well might want to stick to the stick.

I’m wondering how it will compare with an Apple TV 4K box

From what I understand, the addition of more apps will be slow as the services like Netflix, Disney+ etc are being built in at a system level and not as a separate app which should allow it to run super fast.

Hopefully Disney+ on the PS5 will be better than the terrible PS4 version

Compared to the crap experience on SKYQ, I thought it worked well on PS4

On the PS4 Disney+ is slow and it takes about 2 mins after starting a program before it starts playing in full quality. It also doesn’t output 24p or HDR. It’s so much better on Apple TV.

Has anyone tried the Apple TV app with atmos content? HDR and 4K on the ps5 seems to be working just fine but I don’t see supported atmos content available when I browse the App Library.

Has anyone tried the Apple TV app with atmos content? HDR and 4K on the ps5 seems to be working just fine but I don’t see supported atmos content available when I browse the App Library.

Atmos isn’t supported by the Apple TV app. You’ll need a physical Apple TV 4K box for that.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom