bumble62

Novice Member
Apologies if this is the wrong area...

I've just downloaded the Apple TV+ app (not the Apple TV app) onto my Samsung UE55MU7000 and the app opens fine and I can sign in but that's it.

Where there should be a 'Play' or 'Continue' etc button it just says 'Try Apple TV+ Free' for everything, even though it's picking up my subscription in the settings page.

Samsung say the TV is fine and that it's Apple's issue (they also said the app isn't supported on my TV even though it clearly is!)

Apple say there's nothing they can do and that Samsung need to investigate (even though Apple developed the app)

I've reset, reinstalled, updated firmware etc... (the app even says it was updated today) but still nothing.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Last edited:

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
There should only be one app, the ATV app with ATV+ as a separate channel. So are you saying there’s also a separate ATV+ app?
Post a picture of what you see.

bumble62

Novice Member
Yes there's now a separate app just for Apple TV+ content on 2017 model TVs. Can't get a pic right now, but it's listed on Apple's support page here:

bumble62

Novice Member
For extra info, here’s what the app shows, and confirmation I’m signed in

Attachments

• 0C6F83D2-FFC6-4540-A951-FDC50DB0ED52.jpeg
    0C6F83D2-FFC6-4540-A951-FDC50DB0ED52.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DEFD02DE-ACDE-46ED-AFCF-82BF1A509D6A.jpeg
    DEFD02DE-ACDE-46ED-AFCF-82BF1A509D6A.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 42

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom