OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
Apple TV app on an LG BX tv... not sure to post here or in the LG section, but we'll kick off here...

Watching a show which I've added to my "Up Next" list, similar in fashion to Netflix's "Add to my list" feature.

2 seasons in the show, 10 episodes in each season.

We watch say S1 Ep1, S1 Ep2, S1 Ep3 but there doesn't seem to be a way of finding what the next unwatched episode to watch is. You have to remember yourself that the next you need to view is S1 Ep4.

Happens with all shows, all seasons. Bit of a pain TBH for such a simple feature to be missing.

Is this just a 'feature' of the app on this platform or across the board? Or am I missing something very basic?

Cheers,
KH

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Apple TV app on an LG BX tv... not sure to post here or in the LG section, but we'll kick off here...

Watching a show which I've added to my "Up Next" list, similar in fashion to Netflix's "Add to my list" feature.

2 seasons in the show, 10 episodes in each season.

We watch say S1 Ep1, S1 Ep2, S1 Ep3 but there doesn't seem to be a way of finding what the next unwatched episode to watch is. You have to remember yourself that the next you need to view is S1 Ep4.

Happens with all shows, all seasons. Bit of a pain TBH for such a simple feature to be missing.

Is this just a 'feature' of the app on this platform or across the board? Or am I missing something very basic?

Cheers,
KH
What shows are you referring to?
Are they ATV+ shows or iTunes TV show purchases?

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Must be an issue with the app on your tv, have you tried signing out and signing back in again.
Try resetting the app
  • How do I reset the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ app?
    Before you sell or give away your TV or uninstall the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app, you should reset the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ app. Resetting the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ app signs you out of your account, removes your personal information, and restores the apps to their original settings.
    If you reset the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ app on a smart TV that's also signed in to the Apple Music app, then the Apple Music app will also be restored to its original settings.
    1. Open the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app.
    2. Go to Settings.
    3. Choose Reset Apple TV app and Apple Music, or Reset Apple TV+ app. Then confirm your choice.
    NOTE: If you have a 2016 model TV, complete removal of all app information may require resetting the TV to initial settings. Please contact LG customer support for assistance.
You could also try what’s mentioned in this video

Last edited:

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
They are ATV+ shows, noticed it with Ted Lasso and previously with Foundation.
I double checked just now The up next list on my LG CX is showing the correct episode on everything and matches what I see on the Apple TV box and iPad.
The only unrelated oddity I’ve come across is that Pachinko is playing in HDR instead of Dolby Vision.

OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
Thanks Gonzo, I'll check this out over the weekend.

Andrew on your CX, if you had watched say 4 episodes out of 6 your Up Next would show Ep 5? Ours show all episodes, 1 -10 for Ted Lasso with the first episode always highlighted when you go in fresh.

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
Thanks Gonzo, I'll check this out over the weekend.

Andrew on your CX, if you had watched say 4 episodes out of 6 your Up Next would show Ep 5? Ours show all episodes, 1 -10 for Ted Lasso with the first episode always highlighted when you go in fresh.
Yes, it shows the next unwatched episode, and scrolling down to the now on Apple TV+ section, every watched episode is marked with a tick.

Do you have “use play history“ switched on in the settings?

OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
Do you have “use play history“ switched on in the settings?
Finally got round to checking some of the suggestions on here and yep Andrew this was set to off for some bizzare reason. Never noticed it first time I checked, schoolboy error :facepalm: .

Many thanks for your assistance, it's now working as it should :clap:

Cheers,
KH

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom