Apple TV and Windows Media PC

thedude

Distinguished Member
Im using my media pc as a server and im using apple tv in the bedroom. Ive put some of my films on there i use media browser centre manager thing which updates all the covers etc all my films are in mp4.
is there a way that the sypnosis that media centre manager downloads can import into itunes too?

nunovi

Novice Member
I don't think so, Apple's walled garden. A way around this would be for you to install XBMC on your AppleTV. This way, you could use my movies on the media pc to create all the fanart, synopsis, actors, etc to show on XBMC. And installing XBMC on the AppleTV doesn't overwrite the Apple software, just adds the XBMC option.

Nuno

thedude

Distinguished Member
how does it do that bud? how do you install it?

nunovi

Novice Member
Here's a link for that: Setting up XBMC. Just choose the right link depending if you have have an Apple TV 1 or 2.

Nuno

thedude

Distinguished Member
Ok I may give this ago..could be handy to have. Wish itunes wad just a little more customizable and more open source

thedude

Distinguished Member
Do I need to jailbreak the Apple tv first?

nunovi

Novice Member
Yes, you will. Should be easy enough though.

Nuno

thedude

Distinguished Member
So does that mean I have to do more than just install the software on the usb stick? As per instructions

nunovi

Novice Member
Which ATV do you have? V1 or V2?

thedude

Distinguished Member
ive got both, but i want it for the Apple TV 1st Generation

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom