Apple TV and scart convertor

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by jeffgoodwin, Jan 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. jeffgoodwin

jeffgoodwin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in Thailand and before I came I bought in the uk a hdmi to scart convertor box. In my home in Thailand I have an old LG 29FD4RL tv it has an AV and COMPONENT input but no scart. So I plugged my Apple TV box hdmi into my convertor box, bought a scart to RCA plug and plugged it into my tv and nothing happened. I do not get my Apple TV details on my LG TV. I tried all this out in the uk with a scart plug and an old tv that I have and it did all work. So I have no idea what to do next, any ideas. I have changed the TV output on the apple to be not had by using my Apple TV in my friends house, he does have an hdmi and my Apple TV does work in his house. And no I can't live in my friends house. Cheers jeff

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,616
    Did you select the correct AV input on the Tv?
    Are you sure it is a scart to RCA phono lead...as these are directional and it could be an RCA Phono to scart lead...it's best to get the type with a directional switch on the scart.
    Can you attach a picture of the lead?

3. jeffgoodwin

jeffgoodwin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are right Jaycee, after I sent this I began to think more about it. I need a con tester but don't have one, so I will take it back to the shop and ask them, they do speak a bit of English so let's hope. Thanks for the reply though.