claudesadik

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a hard time finding an answer to my question so I thought I should ask it here.

Here’s my hifi system setup:
Apple Music on Apple TV 4k —> HDMI —> LG OLED C1 —> optical out —> NAD C368 —> Tellerium Q —> Dynaudio Emit M30 (2021).

I want to keep using Apple Music and I figured the best way to stream ”hires” music would be to use an Apple TV.

My question: Is there some audio processing happening when going through the LG C1 TV or is it pass through and audio is only been processed by the NAD‘s DAC ?

Thanks for your help !

I've been using a wiim mini for tidal, which I know is bit perfect.

I've gone back to my apple tv device, LG C9, dspeaker antimode to dac, because I couldn't do without room correction.

Without room correction I can't hear difference either way, although I know the apple tv is converting 44.1khz to 48khz, the antimode is stating a clipped signal from the C9 crappy optical and the antimode is adjusting again.

I am really enjoying the interface and control of the system again.

The apple tv, lgtv are not hires, but I think cd quality is enough.

I've been using a wiim mini for tidal, which I know is bit perfect.

I've gone back to my apple tv device, LG C9, dspeaker antimode to dac, because I couldn't do without room correction.

Without room correction I can't hear difference either way, although I know the apple tv is converting 44.1khz to 48khz, the antimode is stating a clipped signal from the C9 crappy optical and the antimode is adjusting again.

I am really enjoying the interface and control of the system again.

The apple tv, lgtv are not hires, but I think cd quality is enough.
Thanks for your answer 3rdignis.
So the optical output does something to the sound ? But no processing from the TV ?

I know there's a problem, but I don't care because I can't hear it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom