Apple TV 4K - Question about volume control

Gerbs

Standard Member
Hi All
Recently acquired an Apple TV 4K (A1842) which I have attached to a 4k monitor. The monitor (being dual use and not wanting to unplug speakers each time) has a 3.5mm output to my desk speakers. This way when I am working my audio plays through my speakers and I control the volume from my laptop rather than on the speakers themselves which I leave on full volume.
When I switch to the Apple TV, the volume control on the remote does nothing and I have to adjust the volume manually on the speaker controls. I'm generally using the Apple TV while on the turbo trainer and having to stretch forward to reach the speakers everytime there is an action scene is really annoying.

Am I missing something with how the volume works?

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Volume only controls via HDMI CEC or via IR if you use the learn remote function.
If your speakers have no IR remote control function then you’re out of luck.

Gerbs

Standard Member
Volume only controls via HDMI CEC or via IR if you use the learn remote function.
If your speakers have no IR remote control function then you’re out of luck.

OK cool. Thanks for such a quick reply. Now that I know there is nothing wrong I can work on a solution. Something like an in-line 3.5mm IR volume control.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom